Forums > Kitesurfing General

2017 Cabrinha Teaser clip

Created by Keahi > 9 months ago, 19 Jul 2016
Keahi
QLD, 851 posts
19 Jul 2016 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

The new gear is almost here! Do yourself a favour and watch the latest masterpiece from Cabrinha put together by Anders Kruger. If this doesn't psyche you up to go kiting, then I think there's something wrong with you. Enjoy!

.be

MrFreeze
289 posts
19 Jul 2016 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Hmmmmm, WOW!!! did you see that turtle? Anyone know what the move is called where you invert under the water with your arms crossed?

jackforbes
WA, 530 posts
19 Jul 2016 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MrFreeze said...
Anyone know what the move is called where you invert under the water with your arms crossed?

The pretentious ego wank?

BatKiter
WA, 209 posts
19 Jul 2016 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jackforbes said..

MrFreeze said...
Anyone know what the move is called where you invert under the water with your arms crossed?

this video made me think about it twice before buying anything Cab. I want more about the kites and less about the guys in the video who think themselves as they were breed by the gods...

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
19 Jul 2016 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

once, when I was at the pub
this crusty old weather beaten windsurfer
kept going on and on
about how kitesurfers were a bunch of wankers

I never understood what he meant,then

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
19 Jul 2016 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theDoctor said..

once, when I was at the pub
this crusty old weather beaten windsurfer
kept going on and on
about how kitesurfers were a bunch of wankers

I never understood what he meant,then

truth be told i swore on my life to never kite surf i only wanted to fly stunts and power kites because kitersurfers were all wankers with fast sunglasses, but i ended up doing a construction job near the ocean for a few years and had nothing better to do so in the water i went, soon realised it was all fat old bald white guys so i fitted right in and here i am. i never did get the fast sunglasses tho but i nearly ended up with some pink lensed goggles luckily the company went bankrupt and i couldnt actually get my hands on them thanks blue eye

as for the video, am i right in guess that thats the new cab custom and chaos at 1:55 ? harness hook appears regular so must be right? sticking with the bluey grey scheme of the customs recently (still preferred my gloss black and neon orange with silver trimming 2010) those fins look even smaller then 25mm ?!?! 15's?? meaning the rockers been reduced by 10? very tuff to tell in these artsy videos

when can we expect the tech spec vids keahi ?
and more importantly when are you going to make it to manila nsw ?

am i right in thinking that the blue and red colour scheme kites only exist so that everyone with 2 working eyes chooses the dreary wallpaper brown and beige instead? seriously the colours of these kites is shocking. i know everyone complained about the flouros etc but i quite liked them. i think design wise there has been a bit of a mix up. we went from surf t's just having the brand name slashed all over the bloody clothes in triple digit font size and then all this retro surf wear started selling with bland colours and silly little pockets that looked like a feature wall in the chook shed from left over fence paint. now you guys have kept the obscene logos forgone the minimalistic style and kept the bloody half tins of garden fence paint and run with it. if you ever want to know how what colours to use just look at some graffiti they are masters of the colour wheel and they can make the cheap paint pop amongst the more expensive glosses with the big walls.

anyways the kites colour wise look like poo but it looks like the chaos bar got left alone and the custom is even more ride able on a kite then its predecessors that were just to draggy recently. so im happy. if i had the money id go a custom and chaos combo again h3's are becomeing more appealing to me then the ronix1's to glad the velcros stayed but i was hoping for some 3m duallock by now (wheres all that rnd $$$ going shoulda been duallocking for years)

Piros
QLD, 6986 posts
19 Jul 2016 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

FMD you blokes are a hard bunch, that was a great video of kite surfing vision.

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
19 Jul 2016 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kozzie said..

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

shut up

who cares

too any words

who do you think you are Christian...?

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
19 Jul 2016 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Keahi said..
The new gear is almost here! Do yourself a favour and watch the latest masterpiece from Cabrinha put together by Anders Kruger. If this doesn't psyche you up to go kiting, then I think there's something wrong with you. Enjoy!

It's a very artzy-fartzy film.

This is the type of kite vid that you make when you don't get favorable wind.

Lots of shots of submerged kites, bars floating around in the blue, chics wearing baseball caps underwater,

bubble and spray, foil-wings slicing thru H2O in slo-mo,

pete sitting on his main sock looking bored, I was expecting mermaids.

Pete gets top-billing in the credits ...of course he does.

lol.

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
19 Jul 2016 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Was that bloke slowly drowning under water trying to release the new ball thingy

Some nice action in it - dont care what brand it is.
In red dirt land.

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
19 Jul 2016 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

This video is very much aimed to showcase the riders, more so than the gear. Im not sure if they realise it or not. Yes it did make me want to go out and kite and yes it was a great edit, but to showcase a new lineup of gear? We can only hope the full version video will have up close footage of the gear rather than some of Kiteboarding's biggest icons.

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
19 Jul 2016 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

athiest actually

Just2807
180 posts
19 Jul 2016 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

I thought propaganda was for maiming people to get into sport and buy their gear, not for blokes who already understand everything (or most of it) about kiting and already picked up their gear. Thats why they putting out eyecandy.

How many people would buy a kite if they saw technical video about how kite loops, how it disengages, how does it fly in marginal winds, tuned bridle kit, how does it absorb the gusts etc etc? People dont care about that till they get into sport. Thats why some brands put out technical videos AFTER eye candy...

2 little tech materials if u ask me.

Subculture
443 posts
20 Jul 2016 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SaveTheWhales said..
Was that bloke slowly drowning under water trying to release the new ball thingy

Ezzacaly

Innovation an all dat...

Styleeeeeshh

Kit3kat
QLD, 139 posts
20 Jul 2016 4:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EternalNoob said...

jackforbes said..

MrFreeze said...

this video made me think about it twice before buying anything Cab. I want more about the kites and less about the guys in the video who think themselves as they were breed by the gods...

But it IS hercules at 2:25!!!

Those kites are quite ugly. I think 2014 and 15 were good years for the kite designs.

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
20 Jul 2016 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Love the under water shots with the kites and bars...

Cabrinha should contact me and use that footage I have, getting neck dragged by my lines in the surf. Would have looked rad.

GMK-KiteSurf
NSW, 129 posts
20 Jul 2016 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Clips Great.

RosieKB
VIC, 240 posts
20 Jul 2016 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Looking like something out of the 80's, Cab sure has a lot of money and coke to throw at making their clips?!

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
20 Jul 2016 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Jeez, tough crowd.
I enjoyed it.

Keahi
QLD, 851 posts
20 Jul 2016 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Wow tough crowd for sure. Just like previous years this just an action teaser clip showing the new gear with some of the clips from the photoshoot. As always everything else will be released on August 1st and you can all go watch your technical product videos then if thats what you want to see. I think its good to have a clip with some action rather then someone just taking about a kite for 5 minutes. Anyway glad some people enjoyed it. I know it got me pretty psyched to get back on the water personally

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
21 Jul 2016 1:02AM
Thumbs Up

got me psyched too, k bomb
watching you guys touch yourselves
just made me wanna touch myself
made me wanna have k bomb touch me too
you wanna touch me...?
that video made me feel me
made me feel like you cab lot wanted to feel me
you feel me....?

Hybrid_Z
VIC, 382 posts
21 Jul 2016 4:07AM
Thumbs Up

I liked it, handle pass on the foil was pretty sweet.

kernal
WA, 541 posts
21 Jul 2016 4:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Keahi said...
Wow tough crowd for sure. Just like previous years this just an action teaser clip showing the new gear with some of the clips from the photoshoot. As always everything else will be released on August 1st and you can all go watch your technical product videos then if thats what you want to see. I think its good to have a clip with some action rather then someone just taking about a kite for 5 minutes. Anyway glad some people enjoyed it. I know it got me pretty psyched to get back on the water personally

Were old, and dumb. We need chalk and black boards and preferably one of the sexy young nuns from our primary school to conduct the lesson

jimmijaz
WA, 97 posts
21 Jul 2016 5:00AM
Thumbs Up

I liked it Thanks.if you don't you should just turn it off.

Zebra80
NSW, 352 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Nice video great edit

swekiter
10 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Keahi said..

Loved the video - I'm just too impatient for teasers. I won't be able to work normally until we can get the stuff now. Any input on that new Appolo kite Keahi - must be a rocket ;-)

craggers
WA, 475 posts
23 Jul 2016 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

i liked it.
especially the wet bits.
the titles were pretty average font.

Gorgo
VIC, 4979 posts
23 Jul 2016 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

I quite like Cabrinha's product release method. It's reliable and you know when it's all going to happen. It's been happening like clockwork ever since I can remember.

Rumours in June.

First sightings in July and a few "leaks". The odd sponsored rider getting early product to play with.

Product released in August.

End users getting them from September onwards.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
23 Jul 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

That chick in the yellow t shirt rips

Gfly
165 posts
23 Jul 2016 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gorgo said..
I quite like Cabrinha's product release method. It's reliable and you know when it's all going to happen. It's been happening like clockwork ever since I can remember.

Rumours in June.

First sightings in July and a few "leaks". The odd sponsored rider getting early product to play with.

Product released in August.

End users getting them from September onwards.

I'm wondering why brands launch at this time, isnt it getting to winter for the rest of the world?

swekiter
10 posts
26 Jul 2016 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

Main season in Europe is fall and spring. Fall until spring for Brazil - so it makes perfect sense for products to hit market around September in most parts of the world

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2017 Cabrinha Teaser clip" started by Keahi