Forums > Kitesurfing General

2017 king of the air

Created by Hybrid_Z > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2017
Hybrid_Z
VIC, 382 posts
31 Jan 2017 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

The king of the air is due to start late this afternoon. The wind has been pretty ordinary the last few days here and I get the feeling thus arvo will be petty average.

Looks like the plan is to get a couple of heats out of the way the next two arvos then have the main event Thursday

ColdWeather
8 posts
31 Jan 2017 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

I talked to some of the local guys who said that the wind should be average today 28kn. They said that the forecasts dont really get it right. Windguru pro should be the best. But lets hope that thursday would be nuking!!!

Hybrid_Z
VIC, 382 posts
1 Feb 2017 4:11AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we get at least one heat this arvo. Green light for 730 if the wind holds!

Matt988
WA, 154 posts
1 Feb 2017 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Get the crew here by Tuesday to finish it off.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
2 Feb 2017 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Looks pretty offshore in those flags... hopefully no one take a water nap this year.

Hybrid_Z
VIC, 382 posts
3 Feb 2017 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Jacobson was in a league of his own. Hadlow couldn't pull out the only move he has and gave a pathetic show in the final without it, had no business being there to be honest.

Lots of talent on the beach.

Underoath
QLD, 2432 posts
3 Feb 2017 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Should have put me in the final.....

The other riders are more technical, but I'm fearless!

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
3 Feb 2017 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

only able to watch first round heats, hopefully we can find a recording of the whole event?
great to see Ruben back out there and Tom Herbert was very stylish on 27m lines haha, its amazing how they can throw so many rotations and still know where they are and bring it up just before landing!

Adoy
NSW, 238 posts
3 Feb 2017 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/RedBullTV/videos/1872898126320275/

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
3 Feb 2017 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hybrid_Z said..
Jacobson was in a league of his own. Hadlow couldn't pull out the only move he has and gave a pathetic show in the final without it, had no business being there to be honest.

Yeah Hadlow is a total kook, Jacobsen is amazing, such a well rounded kiter in comparision... (obvious sarcasm).

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
3 Feb 2017 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hybrid_Z said..

Lots of talent on the beach.

1st of all wind was light breeze!Nick was on a 10m Bow kite and in straps while others on c-kites and boots getting less height..So it was a smart decision by Nick using a bow kite with more power in lighter air.Overall due to light breeze it was pretty lame compared to last year.When i was in Cape Town and we had a week of 30-50 knots they were going way bigger on 7-8m kites. Nick was using an open c-kite then.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2017 king of the air" started by Hybrid_Z