Forums > Kitesurfing General

A bad day

Created by Kitesplosh > 9 months ago, 18 Jan 2011
Kitesplosh
VIC, 123 posts
18 Jan 2011 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

I had a bad day yesterday. No wind as usual. The boss finally confirmed that he's letting me go and bloody Jessica showed her true colours by packing her stuff and leaving me. I bet she's gone straight round to that w@#7er Brad in the hope that he'll now subsidise her shoe addiction.

So there was nothing for it but to go down the pub and drown the old sorrows. On the way there I reflected how it was funny that your mates never answer their mobiles when you really need a chat.

In the beer garden were a group of bogans and a huge alsatian dog. It looked like they were up to no good - probably out for a spot of light breaking and entering. The dog growled at me menacingly as I went past. I walked hurriedly in to the pub only to slip on a large pile of dog doo and fall painfully on my coccyx. Laughter, jeers and hoots of delight erupted from the bogans behind me. The anger welled up in me, but the last thing I wanted was to be beaten up, so I bit my lip, mustered my dignity and proceeded to the gents to wipe the mess off my shoe.

Five minutes later things were starting to look up. The landlord apologised and gave me a free beer. The bogans got bored and left the beer garden taking the damned dog with them. The pub was totally empty and peaceful.

“I'll just go and get something to clear up that dog mess” said the landlord.

I nodded my thanks to him and took a long draw of my beer. Aaah!

The landlord disappeared out the back door, just as a new customer approached the pub through the beer garden. He was one of the biggest guys I have ever seen; a colossus of a man with huge beefy forearms and hands the size of plates. But he was quite well dressed and something about his face and demeanour suggested that he was a gentle giant.

Just then he stepped in the dog mess and with a huge crash fell right on his bum.

My first thought was that I wasn't the only one having a bad day. With a sympathetic smile I offered a hand to pull him up.

“I just did that”, I said.

So he beat me to a bloody pulp.

No kiting for next fortnight

the gibbo
WA, 776 posts
18 Jan 2011 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

that is a sh**e day mate, sorry for that

very funny though, change the pub u go to man f###in losers
good luck with the recovery

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
18 Jan 2011 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh man when stuff goes bad, it keeps on going that way for a while. To me seems this is just a lesson from life letting you know how absurd, ridiculous and in the end funny life is. Humility is actually a great lesson.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
18 Jan 2011 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

why are you consolling the OP , It was a joke .

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
18 Jan 2011 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

dusta didn't step in it.

Beersy
TAS, 753 posts
18 Jan 2011 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

The joke was funny....

Gibbo and eppo nearly had me pissing myself though

the gibbo
WA, 776 posts
18 Jan 2011 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

f@@k ive got something on my face

one born every minute

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
18 Jan 2011 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

HTFU ,get some inspiration from a few QLDers and Victorians and stop cryin in ya schooner

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
18 Jan 2011 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Doh, didn't read the punch line closely enough. My bad. Glad ya had a laugh at my expense and the humility theme lives on...

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
18 Jan 2011 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

the gibbo said...

f@@k ive got something on my face

one born every minute

you two made me chuckle

Kitesplosh
VIC, 123 posts
19 Jan 2011 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Gotcha!

Did you boys know that there is no entry for 'gullible' in the Chambers Dictionary?

Thanks for the laughs

the gibbo
WA, 776 posts
19 Jan 2011 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

i am here for for you dusta boy

nice one sploshy, exploiting my sensitive side you ba@@tard i feel used

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"A bad day" started by Kitesplosh