Forums > Kitesurfing General

Abroholos islands trip 19-20-21st Dec 2015

Created by mick steffan > 9 months ago, 7 Sep 2015
mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
7 Sep 2015 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys, As promised I shall try to organise another trip after last year top notch conditions.

So,who is keen this year? And what would u prefer now the island leader increased their prices by 20%?

Option 1 island leader 3 days $650
Option 2 Eco Abroholos 3 days $ $1000

Google boat names for more details!

Still looking for other cheaper options! Email Mick at micksteffan@yahoo.com Cheers

ChrisKiter1
WA, 7 posts
7 Sep 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi how you going

I'm a Kiter from the uk, currently living in Perth, haven't been out much over the past few weeks, itching to get back out there.

can you tell me more about your trip?
I've only been in Perth a month so I'm un familiar with locations,. I take it it's is a group of Island off the coast.

what sort of conditions do you usually expect?
Accompdation?
how much money to bring?
can I bring equipment with me?

csabel83@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
8 Sep 2015 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mate,

The Abroholos Islands are 80km from the coast of Geraldton.
December is one of the windiest month of the year so bring 10,8,6
The Island leader got bunks so bring your own sheet, pillow etc.
Cost inclusive of most food but snacks and drinks are at your own expense
Cost is shown above, that's all
You can bring anything you like. Don't forget speargun, surf board etc
Google Abroholos island trip or check past photos on seabreeze site for more info. Conditions can be the best the world can offer. Flat clear water on the inside on top of the reef or waves up to 10 meters and more are possible. Generally we get 2-3 meter swells and good winds.
If you keen, email me.
Regards

Mick

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
8 Sep 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Eco Abrolhos would be unreal! Do you need a larger min number to be viable? That's a really cool boat.

marno
WA, 218 posts
8 Sep 2015 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

...... Speargun, are you serious???

JohnHS
WA, 34 posts
9 Sep 2015 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Very interested in this please keep me in the loop.
When would we need to confirm by?

Prefer the cheaper option.

john.sylk@gmail.com

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
9 Sep 2015 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
marno said..
...... Speargun, are you serious???

Are you serious?

Its like a Spearo's paradise!!

greenhead
WA, 51 posts
9 Sep 2015 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

The people that own run Eco Abroholos are the best.

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
9 Sep 2015 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

The sooner the better, they are usually booked out a few months in advance!

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
9 Sep 2015 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, its confirmed again. Keen for another great adventure to the Islands and smack some waves after eating some fresh fish and a sausage or two?

Island leader it is... $650, leave on Friday 18 December 8 pm back on Monday 21st December 7pm.
The demersal fishing ban finishes on 15th of December and catch of Rock lobster is allowed if you have a licence.
Email me to get bank details, first in first served. No exceptions.

5 places are sold before this confirmation of the total of 26 so be quick or miss out.

micksteffan@yahoo.com

See yah.

Mick 0466414321

Jono77
WA, 351 posts
10 Sep 2015 1:52AM
Thumbs Up

I can't wait Mick, it will be a cracker!!

Just a note for kiters planning on going, all launching is off the boat. I went last year and was awesome but there was definately no big sandy beach to lay out your lines and launch, it's all on the boat, so be prepared.

Just now pray for conditions like last year!!

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
10 Sep 2015 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like an epic trip! I'd be keen, but flights from Tassie to there will kill it...

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
1 Oct 2015 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys, just a quick update to let you know the boat is 2/3 full so be quick or miss out.

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
8 Nov 2015 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys, Just letting you know the status of the trip numbers.
I have 11 paid up keen crew, but one had an accident and needs to sell his ticket.
About 10 that are still sniffing it out, but have not committed yet.
I need 24 crew as a minimum to make the trip viable so ask your friends if they keen this year.
26 Maximum crew allowable if we are pushing it.

Would be nice to have the trip sorted by end of November...

Hear from you soon. Mick

Triso99
WA, 5 posts
10 Nov 2015 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mick, I am interested in this is there still a few spots open?

Triso

Tcooke@outlook.com.au

timmybuddhadude
WA, 779 posts
13 Nov 2015 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Jono77
WA, 351 posts
6 Dec 2015 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone keen for some great kiting, fishing, surfing and general great time on this 3 day boat trip out to The Abrolhos Islands, there are still a couple of spots left. Last year was epic conditions, wind, waves, fishing and we are hoping for the same this year!!

greenhead
WA, 51 posts
7 Dec 2015 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to the trip.
It will be my first time to the Abroholos with these guys on this boat.

Jono77
WA, 351 posts
7 Dec 2015 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

See you on there Mr Greenhead!!

greenhead
WA, 51 posts
8 Dec 2015 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Ive kited Coco's, Fiji, Mauritius and Abrolhos's.

You forget get how good we have it in WA.

JFazza
WA, 8 posts
9 Dec 2015 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hey fellow seabreezers, this is another roll call for a once in a lifetime trip to the Abrolhos islands departing from Geraldton next Friday evening 18th Dec then returning back to Gero Mon evening 21st Dec. You will only need to take a days holiday or 1.5 days leave if your based in Perth.

The boat and our base for the 3 day excursion is the ‘Island Leader’ which operates from Geraldton, see link below

www.abrolhosislandcharter.com.au/

It’s open to Kiters, Windsurfers, Surfers, Supers, fishing - anything water related really.

The cost is $650 which includes food, accommodation and of course the boat which gets us round the islands. There are 122 of them so plenty of options for waves and flat water.

The only extra costs to consider are snacks, beer (BYO) and getting upto Gero. There are a few crew heading from Perth so it may be possible to jump in a car share and split the fuel costs.

Take as much gear as you can carry on. I’ll be taking my kite gear, SUP, surfboard and snorkel.

Get in quick to secure your place as it’s been a sell out every previous year its run.

We need to know final numbers by this Friday 11th Dec.

Contact Mick Steffan to secure your place now on 0466414321 or email micksteffan@yahoo.com

Remember there is no Kitestock this season so treat yourself with an early Christmas present and jump on board.

Cheers

JF

JFazza
WA, 8 posts
9 Dec 2015 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

More photos of previous trips in this link

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Western-Australia/Abrohlos-trip-2015-a-perfect-chrissy-gift-4-u/

Gonna be epic

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
9 Dec 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like an awesome trip, have fun hope you guys get the numbers to make it happen

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
9 Dec 2015 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like you need someone to take photos of this trip...
I'll volunteer.

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
10 Dec 2015 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Final call for everyone that is interested in the Abroholos Islands trip this year for next weekend! I have 15 paid up people and need at least 10 more to make it happen. Deadline this weekend. Please share. Any more info please email me or call 0466414321 Thanks Mick

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
10 Dec 2015 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Got 2 more so only 8 to go....

mick steffan
WA, 94 posts
11 Dec 2015 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

[b]Good news!! the trip is on!!! [/b]We are one short of breaking even for the boat cost but I carry that if it comes to the crunch... I have 22 so far so 4 more spots left and if we can fill this than there will be food etc. as well. Surely with this forecast that should not be a problem boys and girls!

Jono77
WA, 351 posts
11 Dec 2015 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Giddy up!! Can't wait!! Good kiting and some seafood for Xmas lunch!!

Triso99
WA, 5 posts
11 Dec 2015 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeeeeeow! Can't wait

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Abroholos islands trip 19-20-21st Dec 2015" started by mick steffan