Forums > Kitesurfing General

Aitutaki Aug-Sept.: Kites to bring? Wetties? etc.

Created by monkielion > 9 months ago, 3 Jul 2015
monkielion
2 posts
3 Jul 2015 1:10AM
Thumbs Up

Looking for recommendations here: What size kites would you bring to Aitutaki for end of August-early September? We ride twin tips and we have 7, 9, 11, and 14 Naish Rides. I'm 54 kg and my partner is 93 kg. Should we bring all 4? Maybe we (I) won't need the 7?
Also, I'm always cold. I wore a 1 mm wetsuit jacket in Maui in October and that was great. I wore it in Turks in February, although it was a bit too much there but better than nothing. Should I bring it? Or a 1 mm vest and/or a polypro rashguard? Just how "cold" is winter in Aitutaki?
We'll bring reef booties and bug spray and the usual stuff. Any other helpful tips from those who've been? That water looks A-mazing!
Thx

Wiski23
37 posts
4 Jul 2015 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Yep it's amazing alright. You won't need your 7, maybe not even your 9 but going all that way its best to take 3 kites so 9/11/14 would be sweet. You won't need a wetty either. Warm water and warm air???? .... Went for 10 days same time last year and lived on my 14 & 11 & in my boardies. You'll want a rash shirt thou the sun off the clear water will fry ya.
Enjoy, you will absolutely love it.

brinm
75 posts
6 Jul 2015 4:58AM
Thumbs Up

Hi there

we just got a guy having to cancel for our July trip....bummer, work stuff he can't avoid.

But

it means he gets thumped by airline penalties so is willing to discount his deal to reduce the thump.

July trip departs auckland Monday 20 july returns friday 31, all details at http://kiteboardaitutaki.com/kiteboard-tour-1.htm

BUT

gotta do it today Monday 6 july or we lose the chance to switch his ticket

NZD2500 all up (airfares ex AKL, transfers, boat + lunch every day, twin share accomm)

Interested? Hit the email link on our www after looking or e: 2015@kiteboardaitutaki.com

Don't muck around, it all goes south later today here.... u can get a cheapy across the ditch and join in!
Brian M

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Aitutaki Aug-Sept.: Kites to bring? Wetties? etc." started by monkielion