Forums > Kitesurfing General

Aitutaki in June?

Created by Nani > 9 months ago, 11 Jun 2013
Rob S
VIC, 391 posts
18 Jul 2013 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

More helpful input. Thanks Dean.
A friend of mine just emailed to tell me the wind measurement station at the airport is not very reliable. ie Breaks down and reports zero wind.
I know he is correct because I remember seeing that in the data. So this would lower the average in the historical statistics.

I'm all booked up this year but Aitutaki is back on the list for the future.

AllianceGear
NSW, 95 posts
18 Jul 2013 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

we just took a group to Aitutaki and scored with wind, had the best trip ever!

fantastic place with great locals as well, we will be taking more groups there next winter if anyone wants a trip.

don't trust the airport wind reading, we were smoked on 9m's and it was reading 14knts!

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
18 Jul 2013 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Guessing you where part of the Jarvis Bay crew AG, those wind patterns you had are still continuing. I was maxed out on my 10 today, lots of 7 , 8s-and 9s out there tearing it apart, maybe there is a chance to try the new 16m out towards the end if next week

jayo
NSW, 9 posts
18 Jul 2013 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

I was also on that trip, out of the 6 days we went out only one dropped below 20 knots. (It was still in the high teens). We were not part of the Jarvis Bay group but did meet them while we were there. Quite amazing such a beautiful and open place to kite.

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
19 Jul 2013 5:35AM
Thumbs Up

Windy again this morning, this will be 6 days out of 7 that I've kited. A quick look at the forecast (windguru) and there's 7 more days of wind with the exception of 1 all above 20knots. Got to decide which day to skip.

Off to 1 Foot island today for a morning session and then a downwinders back to Honeymoon

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
9 Aug 2013 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=621927337826886

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Aitutaki in June?" started by Nani