Forums > Kitesurfing General

Any Ozies coming to Greece to kiteboard?

Created by Wildside > 9 months ago, 21 Mar 2013
Wildside
1 posts
21 Mar 2013 11:34PM
Thumbs Up

Any Ozies coming to Greece to kiteboard in European summer June to September?

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
22 Mar 2013 5:50AM
Thumbs Up

lol, only if your paying, you lucky duck.

dbabicwa
WA, 808 posts
22 Mar 2013 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Only Wogs :)

airjunkie
WA, 142 posts
22 Mar 2013 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

dbabicwa said...

just to let you know that term is so much more offensive in europe and refers to A totally different demographic altogether

deXtrous
NSW, 451 posts
22 Mar 2013 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be there mid september. Naxos.

wal269
WA, 718 posts
22 Mar 2013 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

I'll give you $5, can you buy Cyprus for me.

seb2
VIC, 231 posts
25 Mar 2013 1:08AM
Thumbs Up

wal269 said...
I'll give you $5, can you buy Cyprus for me.

^$4.50 after Cyprus bank takes 10%

dbabicwa
WA, 808 posts
25 Mar 2013 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

airjunkie said...
dbabicwa said...

just to let you know that term is so much more offensive in europe and refers to A totally different demographic altogether

So what?! I can make jokes on my OWN account in Australian context. A bit touchy are we?

I can even make a movie about it, and reserving a right to do so:)

CJai
QLD, 32 posts
25 Mar 2013 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

I plan on backpacking Europe June through to September. I'm on a beginner wen it comes to kite surfing but I'd be keen to give it a go while I'm over there. Are there any places in particular u recommend? I'm doing the Greek islands July 9th to the 17th. And than ill be hitting Italy and Spain than over to Ireland as well.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
25 Mar 2013 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

CJai said...
I plan on backpacking Europe June through to September. I'm on a beginner wen it comes to kite surfing but I'd be keen to give it a go while I'm over there. Are there any places in particular u recommend? I'm doing the Greek islands July 9th to the 17th. And than ill be hitting Italy and Spain than over to Ireland as well.

Naxos and Paros are pretty good. Pack a small kite - The Meltimi wind is consistently 30 knots from sunrise to sunset.

Burls
209 posts
26 Mar 2013 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Probably hitting Paros/Naxos in June if all goes to plan.......

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
26 Mar 2013 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...
CJai said...

Naxos and Paros are pretty good. Pack a small kite - The Meltimi wind is consistently 30 knots from sunrise to sunset.

- not my experience - 15 to 20 knots 4 afternoons in 7

Cooky
WA, 148 posts
26 Mar 2013 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

I'm going to Greece at the end of July into August. Will be there for about 2 weeks.

Where's best to go for kiting? So far only have planned a short stay on Santorini. Keen to spend about a week in a good location for kiting. What are the conditions like? How are the crowds?

Burls
209 posts
1 Apr 2013 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Cooky said...
I'm going to Greece at the end of July into August. Will be there for about 2 weeks.

Where's best to go for kiting? So far only have planned a short stay on Santorini. Keen to spend about a week in a good location for kiting. What are the conditions like? How are the crowds?

18-30 knots and sunny every day.

Lots of people/kiters around that time of year, so be ready for the crowds.

Spots: Try Paros / Naxos.

I was kiting in a bay on Mykonos in 2011 (The bay just north of Ornos), and there was just a handful of kiters there at that time. Not sure how it is now though?

Burls

Cooky
WA, 148 posts
11 Apr 2013 11:18PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Burl. I'l see if i can get to Paros or Naxos

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Any Ozies coming to Greece to kiteboard?" started by Wildside