Forums > Kitesurfing General

At last! Seabreeze is arriving in Gero

Created by Dave Whettingsteel > 9 months ago, 10 Sep 2014
Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
10 Sep 2014 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

With some swell too! No need to head up to Exmouth guys, Gero is looking better.
I'm between contracts at the moment so am pretty sure my next job is going to come up for next week with a forecast like this.

westozwind
WA, 1393 posts
10 Sep 2014 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Well that's torn it
Make Huey laugh,tell him your plans.

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
10 Sep 2014 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Fark yeah, I'll get over this bloody manflu and then start two weeks leave. Happy days!!!

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
10 Sep 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

?uid=20140910090305

Those green arrows that you are frothing over aren't seabreezes. ^^^

lol.

They are pretenders.

Wait awhile dude, like maybe november.

toppleover
QLD, 2043 posts
10 Sep 2014 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

It was blowing 20+ at Onslow today, nice steady seabreeze wish I had my gear with me. (noticed there were no waves - how so?)

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
10 Sep 2014 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
waveslave said..

lol.

They are pretenders.

You call call them what you like Slave, they look pretty good to me and I'm hanging out for them. No worries if you'd rather wait until November!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
10 Sep 2014 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

It's the calm before the storm Dave, all that city life is making you queer as Midwest winds go it's pretty light, but yeh better than none, I'm predicting after this short burst it'll go to s..t before coming in on a regular basis, hands down this has been the worst winter kiting season for years on a whole, which is like it used to be , meaning a stonking summer ahead, hopefully see you on the water soon

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
11 Sep 2014 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Cauncy, I've actually had the last 2 months at Gero/ horrocks. There's only so many house maintenance jobs you can do and not go insane! (Apart from a sneaky trip to fuerteventura).

It's been a crap winter as you say, but looks like it's starting to warm up now, which should get that wind machine humming. Will see you soon, no doubt! Cheers

Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
11 Sep 2014 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Nor Easters came back to Sydney this week too! 3 more weeks till daylight savings and it'll be after work sessions till sundown

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
11 Sep 2014 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
toppleover said..
It was blowing 20+ at Onslow today, nice steady seabreeze wish I had my gear with me. (noticed there were no waves - how so?)

Because its all mud flats surrounded by outer reefs/ island. **** to navigate.

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
11 Sep 2014 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
waveslave said...

?uid=20140910090305

lol.

They are pretenders.

Well there must be half a dzn dudes down on the water pretending to kite then

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
11 Sep 2014 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Well that was a pretty solid session on the 10 in a 2 metre swell! Felt like a seabreeze to me!

greenhead
WA, 51 posts
11 Sep 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dave Whettingsteel said..
Well that was a pretty solid session on the 10 in a 2 metre swell! Felt like a seabreeze to me!

nice

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
11 Sep 2014 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

Trying to decide on Exmouth or Gero to kalbarri for a week off.Exmouth seems to have a solid sw wind direction.But the drive is hideous with loosing 2 days in travel time.I have noticed in recent years that the BOM predicts more of a southerly pattern when seabreeze is predicting a SE wind direction around the perth region.would this be the same in the central west?

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
11 Sep 2014 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

Check today's forecast, against actual wind for Gero. Whenever it's forecast SE to SSE in the afternoon it just about always finishes up a decent southerly. And normally stronger than forecast too. Today forecast best was 12 to 15 SSE and we got a beaut 19 to 22 southerly.
When are you planning on heading north? Gero is only 4 hours from Perth of course.

It's honking outside my beach house at horrocks now, picked up to 22-25!

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
11 Sep 2014 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

I'm leaving Saturday morning and if it's blowing southerly's between gero and kalbarri.I will check out that stretch for 5 days!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"At last! Seabreeze is arriving in Gero" started by Dave Whettingsteel