Forums > Kitesurfing General

Australia or New Zealand for Summer

Created by alexinbaja > 9 months ago, 24 Aug 2015
Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
4 Sep 2015 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

What are water temps like in NZ (around Auckland) in the summer? Colder than in NSW (19 - 21C)?

Chris_M
2129 posts
4 Sep 2015 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Phoney said..
What are water temps like in NZ (around Auckland) in the summer? Colder than in NSW (19 - 21C)?

Youll cope in boardies and a wetsuit top, or a springy, depending on the day

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
5 Sep 2015 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djt91184 said..

breakzmaker said...

djt91184 said..
When a lil kiwi is born they dont get a birth certificate no sirree, they get given a excavator (dugger) ticket or scaffold ticket+ passport.

Found the kiwi basher....

Just to clarify bro I have known kiwis since primary school into every job I have ever had white ones moldy ones. I like them good hardworking fun loving crew (the ones I've known), but there has always been a healthy rivalry and plenty of taking the piss banter, in my experience the kiwis can give it as well as they can take it. All good I just love hanging **** on them all in good nature no offence I will go over one day and have plenty of couches I can sleep on from crew I have worked with.

i hope they give you a couch in dunedin

djt91184
QLD, 1211 posts
5 Sep 2015 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

Now you're getting the hang of it. Dunedin will be on the list yep I know some people there and up Wanaka too I've heard good things about it wave wise.

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
5 Sep 2015 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we'll be in Christchurch for three weeks over Xmas this year...

Got the estuary for flattish water and Brigton etc beach for waves, and drive north a bit for bigger waves.

You'll want some kibe of suit for the windchill... Maybe a short john.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Australia or New Zealand for Summer" started by alexinbaja