Forums > Kitesurfing General

Baggage Allowance with Air Austral

Created by Leeds > 9 months ago, 7 Jul 2012
Leeds
NSW, 209 posts
7 Jul 2012 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Heading to Mauritius in a few weeks time and just trying to work out weights for my luggage.

The web site www.air-austral.com/en/prepare-your-flight/your-baggage/checked-baggage/sports-equipment-on-the-long-haul-network.html

says we have 25kg of checked in luggage but under sporting goods it says we can take a surfboard or windsurf.

Does anyone know if this means a total of 25kg or 25kg plus a surfboard?

Ugly
WA, 205 posts
7 Jul 2012 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Mate i am heading there in a couple of weeks and air Mauritius gave me 30kg luggage but charged an additional $30.00 au for my surf board. i am thinking they will be the same.

michel
NSW, 410 posts
8 Jul 2012 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

I'm heading there on air austral on the 31st July .... 25kg total including board the only thing you get on for free is golf bags and max 20kg of diving gear, but you can pay extra,it doesn't actually say how much per kilo, you will ave email them and find out,but it is a fixed max of 60€ for excess...
With the price of air austral ticket you are still way ahead.

Leeds
NSW, 209 posts
8 Jul 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Michel, thats the flight Im on as well

It does have a link on the Air Austral website for prices per kg over the limit.

By memory it was around 6-10 euros per kg

Ive got my gear under 25kg and still have my carry on luggage for clothes.

michel
NSW, 410 posts
8 Jul 2012 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Cool will try to hook up with you at airport,yeah I'm good weight wise,packed kites bars harness etc in light weight cab kite backpack and clothes in another as carry on + two boards in lightweight travel bag all up 25kg including carry on

doonas_r_cool
132 posts
8 Jul 2012 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Flew over here a couple of weeks ago with Air Austral.

Melb - Sydney was with virgin, but booked with Air Austral. Virgin had to follow Air Austral's baggage policy re golf clubs.

Make sure your "Golf bag" looks like a golf bag and dose not weigh over 30kgs. You will get charged excess over 25kgs for your golf stuff.

I tried a few times to call them and confirm, best they could suggest was printing the baggage policy page from Air Austral.

Soooooo glad I did!!!

Used it every time, Virgin Melb - Syd Air Austral Syd - Reunion, Reunion - Mauritius.

My luggage overall was way over weight, got slugged, but very glad I printed that page!

Also have on you the name of the place you are staying and the contact phone number there for Mauritius customs.

Safe travels ;)

See ya soon Michel!!!!!

wdric
NSW, 1625 posts
8 Jul 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

doonas_r_cool said...

I tried a few times to call them and confirm, best they could suggest was printing the baggage policy page from Air Austral.

Def good idea to print out booking.
Had the same issue flying with qantas recently, but first flight was on Jetstar, just waved the qantas booking and they didnt even care I was overweight with qantas rules
But qantas slugged me for two bags at next stop

michel
NSW, 410 posts
8 Jul 2012 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Paul do u have the palms apartments ph no...

doonas_r_cool
132 posts
9 Jul 2012 3:55AM
Thumbs Up

wdric said...

doonas_r_cool said...

Def good idea to print out booking.
Had the same issue flying with qantas recently, but first flight was on Jetstar, just waved the qantas booking and they didnt even care I was overweight with qantas rules
But qantas slugged me for two bags at next stop

Doh!!!

It's in ur welcome pack Michel, if you don't have it remind me again and i'll fb it to you :) surf's soooo good here ay... you will want ur wetty's though no wetty top is ok in morning, wetty top is perfect for all day, anyone who feels the chill will want a little more...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Baggage Allowance with Air Austral" started by Leeds