Beginner kiting Brighton le sands/Botany etc

Created by douglas1 > 9 months ago, 2 Apr 2013
douglas1
NSW, 2 posts
2 Apr 2013 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

I am relatively new to kitesurfing so this may be a silly question

But - I have been kiting around Brighton Le sands with a friend. I understand NE to be the best wind for those beaches

Have been looking to find a contingency beach/area though in days that the wind is not good for brighton

Is Kurnell suitable for beginners?

I found a thread on here which said NE is also the best wind for Kurnell (I don't really understand how this would be the case given the beach runs perpendicular to brighton)

Any advice appreciated!

danza
NSW, 383 posts
2 Apr 2013 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Not a silly question at all Kurnell works in a NE or NW, Brighton or Dolls work best in a NE or SE.
As for Kurnell I would not recommend it for beginners as there are a lot of rock groynes to deal but if you're a competent kiter then give it a go.

If you are not sure give James a call from Alliance gear he basically runs the show at Kurnell.
But beware of the NW during winter , a lot of kiters have underestimated the strength of these winds and ended up injured.

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
2 Apr 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Only daft location questions are the ones u don't ask!!

Loads of info on the below

http://www.nswkba.com.au/locations

Make sure you join up if you haven't already so that you insured and part of the great nsw kiting community full list of benefits etc online. (I'm on the committee so I'm biased but its well worth it)

If your trying kurnell for the first time do give James or milada at alliance a call as they are certainly the heart of the scene there!!

Floater
QLD, 58 posts
2 Apr 2013 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Is there a similar association in Qld?
I'm a newb and mostly kiting at Sandgate.
I'm wondering where will be a good location to kite over winter with the westerlies.

Does anyone know if it's OK to kite on Wivenhoe?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Beginner kiting Brighton le sands/Botany etc" started by douglas1