Forums > Kitesurfing General

Best B'day Present Ever

Created by Cabron > 9 months ago, 3 Apr 2008
Cabron
QLD, 363 posts
3 Apr 2008 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Another year older and all that s##t, However I put in a special order for a nice NE to blow for my B'day, not just a 15kn of 12m dribble....I wanted to fly my 10m sweet sweet kite. Half day at work organised, to the beach I go.....arriving to about 10kn of dribble.... I had put in my request with Hughy...so out comes the 10m...it is going to blow, I said to myself...as others were looking at me oddly, about 1/2 hour later ...... presto... it's on.

Anyway, just as it was picking up, I spotted a familiar looking kite in the sky.... i had to go and investigate....
To my surprise.....I received my bestest b'day present ever...... It was my Big Mate CJP...aka The Galah, he was back on the water after his freak accident over 2 months ago...eye patch and all. We spent the next few hours ripping it up, sending the kite, yelling and screaming, looking of the tops of all the local houses.... basically having a blast like the good ol days.
Good on you mate, I couldn't of wished for anything more, it was a special treat to be on the water with you on your first day out. Congrat's Mate, your an inspiration to us all. Long Live the Galah!!!! many more days ahead for us! Your a legend!!!!

user
WA, 1140 posts
3 Apr 2008 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

FAR FARKIN OUT !!!

Classic example of the indomitable human spirit (or something ) !!!!!

stabber
NSW, 1114 posts
3 Apr 2008 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

GOOD ON YA COL!

YA GALAH!

newo
WA, 250 posts
4 Apr 2008 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

I got an 08 airush switch board for my birthday

Subscribe