Forums > Kitesurfing General

Birubi to Stockton

Created by Leeds > 9 months ago, 2 Dec 2011
Leeds
NSW, 209 posts
2 Dec 2011 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Ever since moving to Newcastle area Ive always wanted to do a downwinder from Birubi to Stockton. So after living here for 2 years Ive decided Im going to organise a day to do such an epc downwinder.

Im sure a few locals would have done it before so any advice (besides the fact that there are very large fish along that stretch) would be welcome.

Looking at allocating the Oz day long weekend (I assume most people will be taking the Friday off cause it wouldnt be Australian otherwise). Pick the best day as it gets closer.

Beers and BBQ at Stockton and listen to the end of hottest 100 (if we go on the Thursday).

If people are happy to help out with transport to Birubi, eskys, BBQs and a support vehicle to follow us along the beach, let me know and we can make this a great way to start the new year.

So whos keen?

shannon8888
NSW, 517 posts
2 Dec 2011 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

yes

will security need to be arranged?
mainly to keep me in check

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
2 Dec 2011 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

im pretty sure that a few of the boys ,and girls ,from there have a regular australia day downwinder at hawks nest/ tea gardens....(where the parents of the large fish live)
ask wdric or Dazza !

wdric
NSW, 1625 posts
2 Dec 2011 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Has been done the last couple of years.
A good day out to meet new crew and their families (something we dont do to often) in the Australia day spirit!
www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/The-Hookup/AUSTRALIA-DAY-AT-LITTLE-GIBBER-HAWKS-NEST/?whichpage=2&index=31

since its effectively a four day weekend, maybe have two
a family one and a boys (and girls) downwinder

I reckon a few will be scared of stockton though

Leeds
NSW, 209 posts
2 Dec 2011 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

I've been meaning to join in on the hawks nest downwinder but was in Japan snowboarding this year.

I'm keen to do both. Guess Stockton is where I normally kite so im keen to give it a go.

Which one is longer?

Craig66
NSW, 2457 posts
3 Dec 2011 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Ric

Re Little Gibber

Maybe we start a post on the hook up (or continue an earlier one)

I was talking to Daz yesterday about it and he is booked to go with me as Santa came yesterday, note the sticker on the back gaurd. I need to source racks ASAP if you can help?

Juz M
NSW, 156 posts
3 Dec 2011 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

To many sharks between birubi n stocko, to hell with being a giant piece of live bait!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Birubi to Stockton" started by Leeds