Forums > Kitesurfing General

Bladder popped naish boxer 6m 09

Created by kitcho207 > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2010
kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
1 Feb 2010 1:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hi I have just put a hole in one of the strut bladders in my naish boxer 6 meter second strut bladder. It's about the size of a 20cent piece.
I live in Wollongong, where is the best place to get a new bladder?
I was thinking of repairing it, but it's right next to the seam and don't have much experience with these repairs.
I think my closest shop is kitepower in Brighton but not sure. What would one of these bladders cost? I would prefer the new bladder option if they are readily avail.

Cheers
kitch

BrisKites
QLD, 1290 posts
1 Feb 2010 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Kitch,

Naish strut bladders for pre 08 kites are sold in sets @ $195 . If you don't want a full set you are better off going for a repair or getting a U-Stik bladder.

Jas

cliffor123
455 posts
1 Feb 2010 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

very easy to repair, get some pool glue, i use stormshore, it sets to form its own patch and is flexible. (get it from clarke rubber)

just take the bladder out, put some duct tape on the inside of the bladder to hold it together and put a coat of stormsure on the outside of the bladder.

may not be the prettiest, but who cares, its on the inside

kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
1 Feb 2010 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

thanks guys. ill try the pool glue today. if that dont work out ill source a new bladder.

Cheers guys

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
1 Feb 2010 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower don't stock Naish. try Windsurf n Snow in collaroy. They should be able to post you the bladder.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Bladder popped naish boxer 6m 09" started by kitcho207