Forums > Kitesurfing General

C-Kite Jumps

Created by Kuzi > 9 months ago, 7 Jan 2013
Kuzi
WA, 26 posts
7 Jan 2013 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Heya,

I'd appreciate a tip or two on how to boost jumps on the C Kites.

I'm 95kgs and have come from bow and recently Delta (B4s) type of kites. I just bought a 12m torch and noticed it is a totally different beast (jumping wise). Ultimate goal is massive kiteloops and progress unhooded but first I need to get the basics right. Anything particular I should do / know that would help getting serious air?

Qzi

superlizard
VIC, 702 posts
7 Jan 2013 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

it's highly impacted by type of wind you get on the day. if the wind has decent lift/updraft, you can easily do huge boosts.

send the kite back and forward, and edge board to lift off... nothing fancy required.

Also keep the bar pulled in towards you all the way - that way you will prolong the jump

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
7 Jan 2013 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Bow and C kites require different approaches to boosting big.....

IME the C Kite relies more on the pendulum effect .... ie: send the kite harder and swing up and under before bringing it back...... you cannot rely as heavily on just sheeting in for lift as you can on Bow/hybrid kites ....
practice your timing and you will be boosting big in no time

KiteBud
WA, 1536 posts
7 Jan 2013 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Keep the bar pulled in all the way from the time you start sending the kite. Most bow kites/delta's will still jump great even if you send it half powered and then pull the bar all the way once the kite passes above you, but this technique doesn't work so great on C-kites. Also you might have to work on your edging and popping technique...

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
7 Jan 2013 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Get your board speed up, sheet the bar out and ease the kite to 10:30 - 11 oclock this will bring the kitemore above you. sheet in lock your edge and drive the kite back past 12 as fast as it will go.

It's all done very quickly, but the key points are dont have the kite sitting deep this will produce a long jump and speed helps load more faster boardspeed and fast with your kite.

Loops are a little different in that your more sheeted out when driving the kite back and sheet in just before leaving the water

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
7 Jan 2013 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

harry potter said...
Bow and C kites require different approaches to boosting big.....

IME the C Kite relies more on the pendulum effect .... ie: send the kite harder and swing up and under before bringing it back...... you cannot rely as heavily on just sheeting in for lift as you can on Bow/hybrid kites ....
practice your timing and you will be boosting big in no time

Exactly my experience when I moved onto c4's (queue lots of people missing the point by discussing whether or not the c4 is a c kite)

Kuzi
WA, 26 posts
7 Jan 2013 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the input, I figured that since there's not much power by pulling the bar, the kite swing has to be fast and supposingly should come with a POP-LIke board edging.

Bar pulled in all the way - Got IT ! !

Ps. Used to love the extra hang time just by pulling the bar in :) we'll see how I go without it.

iRideWainman
VIC, 219 posts
7 Jan 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah certainly right, some C's require more aggression whereas others do not. Also depends how deep in the window the kite sits, to where you want to pull the trigger (kinda what NickT is saying). Probably wouldn't be attempting megaloops on your 12m Torch tho, I don't think that sucker will have much hope catching you.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"C-Kite Jumps" started by Kuzi