Forums > Kitesurfing General

Cable park in Melbourne?

Created by Aorta > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2010
Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
13 Jan 2010 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Is there a cable park in Melbourne?
Can't seem to find any mention of one on google.

exarch
50 posts
13 Jan 2010 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

um, no.... but if you were building one i think albert park would make a great venue :D

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
13 Jan 2010 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

the closest cable park to melbourne is logan. the closest one you would actually want to ride is bli bli

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
13 Jan 2010 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

are fkn serious? the closest to Melbourne is Queensland!?!

picker
VIC, 431 posts
13 Jan 2010 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

Caribbean Markets - Knox City

picker
VIC, 431 posts
13 Jan 2010 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Caribbean Markets - Knox City

Penrith

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
13 Jan 2010 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

There is a cable park in the caribbean gardens in Knox?
cant be any good, or they have REALLY bad business sense, absolutely no mention on the net, have you got anymore information on this please?

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
13 Jan 2010 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Aorta said...

cant be any good, or they have REALLY bad business sense, absolutely no mention on the net, have you got anymore information on this please?

Whilst it is tempting to just write " Caribbean Gardens " I am compelled to tell you the truth ..... there are no cable parks in Victoria ( I only know of two in Oz Cairns and Bli Bli sunshine coast )

I know there are no cable parks in Vic as this issue was briefly raised here on seabreeze a few years ago.....and I was the moron who thought...... yeah I have seen the wakeboarding there ( Caribbean Gardens ) so now there is a cable park.....? and proceeded with a carload of mates to head there all salivating in anticipation only to be greeted by thousands of nerds at a computer swap meet. With no cable park to speak of......

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
13 Jan 2010 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

harry potter said...

Aorta said...

Whilst it is tempting to just write " Caribbean Gardens " I am compelled to tell you the truth ..... there are no cable parks in Victoria ( I only know of two in Oz Cairns and Bli Bli sunshine coast )

I know there are no cable parks in Vic as this issue was briefly raised here on seabreeze a few years ago.....and I was the moron who thought...... yeah I have seen the wakeboarding there ( Caribbean Gardens ) so now there is a cable park.....? and proceeded with a carload of mates to head there all salivating in anticipation only to be greeted by thousands of nerds at a computer swap meet. With no cable park to speak of......

Ouch, lucky i google mapped it, couldn't find a lake anywhere near it, thanks for the heads up. oh well, might have to buy one of those portable cables.

kaleidoscope
NSW, 132 posts
13 Jan 2010 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

harry potter said...... ( I only know of two in Oz Cairns and Bli Bli sunshine coast ) ..

There's one just opened in Penrith (Sydney) also..

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
13 Jan 2010 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

100% there is a lake there ( I have watched a KGB Wakeboarding event there ) and the place would be perfect for a cable park.......just no cable there

DANEgerous
VIC, 253 posts
13 Jan 2010 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

I've heard there is currently a proposal in the works to build a park near Melbourne. I'm seeing a mate who knows some details on the weekend, I'll see if he can fill me in.

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
13 Jan 2010 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

oh right you are, there is a lake, its just about the same colour as the fields around it!
Dane, do tell, find out what area are they building it and how soon it will be open?
Can't wait!

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
18 Jan 2010 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

i've heard its going in a lillydale lake but not a cable park so to speak but more like a winch park they have a name for but i cant remember

flemboyant
VIC, 375 posts
18 Jan 2010 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

u guys......looks like harry potter wants the cable park all to himself. YES THERE IS a cable park around the back of carrabeen gardens. Its not world class, but its enough to get a little fun fix. They only hve one basic kicker which is kinda fun height, and the 2 sliders, hopefully a funbox later in the year will be going in the year if the numbers strart to pick up. Only trouble is its only open 10-5 sat and sunday.

And there is also a cable park in penrith too. Allot further to drive, but much broader hours. Looks like people are trying to keep these places on a down low to keep them all for themselves...

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
19 Jan 2010 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

well its no secret now thanks flemboyant look forward to seeing all the kooks there this satday.

kaleidoscope
NSW, 132 posts
19 Jan 2010 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

hookworm said...

well its no secret now thanks flemboyant look forward to seeing all the kooks there this satday.

As more people become interested and go to these cable parks it's only a matter of time before they open other ponds and new parks open. Basically the more people who go, the better the parks get..

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
19 Jan 2010 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

I guess I will see you all out there then

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
19 Jan 2010 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Are they cable parks or winch parks?

flemboyant
VIC, 375 posts
19 Jan 2010 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

its not a full on cable park, but a sesitech system. still pulls a treat, and makes kickers even more fun, and its allot easier to get the hang of sliders to there i found compared to cable.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
19 Jan 2010 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

flemboyant said...

its not a full on cable park, but a sesitech system. still pulls a treat, and makes kickers even more fun, and its allot easier to get the hang of sliders to there i found compared to cable.

Looks good. Will check it out after the shoulder op.

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
19 Jan 2010 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

i headed down there today, was great fun, got to practice my switch and there was no-one around being a weekday and cause it was so cold i guess, they have 2 of the seistech cables now and the guy there told me they have plans for 2 more.

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
20 Jan 2010 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

its a sweet set up always flat to what sort of board did you ride?

flemboyant
VIC, 375 posts
20 Jan 2010 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

hey aorta, was it you that left your fins on the grass today? i picked em up anyway, gimme a msg if there yours, or grab em off me sunday if ya around

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
21 Jan 2010 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

couldnt be bothered reading half this rabble but you rookies do know there is 4 cables... not just 2...

rookies...

bli bli, cairns, logan and one in sydney that just opened a few months ago as far as i recall

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
21 Jan 2010 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

couldnt be bothered reading half this rabble but you rookies do know there is 4 cables... not just 2...

rookies...

bli bli, cairns, logan and one in sydney that just opened a few months ago as far as i recall

Could you be bothered reading the thread title which says MELBOURNE?

Aorta
VIC, 244 posts
21 Jan 2010 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

flemboyant said...

hey aorta, was it you that left your fins on the grass today? i picked em up anyway, gimme a msg if there yours, or grab em off me sunday if ya around

yeah mate, are they white naish fins? thought i'd have to drive back there to get 'em.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
21 Jan 2010 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Aorta said...

Charl dv said...

rookies...

Could you be bothered reading the thread title which says MELBOURNE?

that face can go to u too rookie.. im just listing all the cables that are in aus.

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
21 Jan 2010 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

rookies...

you're such a veteran.

cabstar
VIC, 328 posts
21 Jan 2010 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

how much does it cost? is it worth the drive down or is it too pricy

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
25 Jan 2010 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

its def worth the drive if there's no wind.......p.s dont upset the ticket both ladies

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Cable park in Melbourne?" started by Aorta