Forums > Kitesurfing General

California

Created by mc > 9 months ago, 8 Sep 2013
mc
NSW, 357 posts
8 Sep 2013 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thinking of doing la and New York sep next year, want to get some waves in la, thinking about Orange County , anyone kited there , I only ride waves and prefer decent 20 knot +. I know wind can be light there so where is the best place within 4 hours of la that has wind and waves
Thanks in advance

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
8 Sep 2013 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Headed to San Diego and northern Mexico next week, will let you know when I get back. I grew up there as a surfer, never kited there but am going to this time. Last year I was in my old surf digs of northern mex and it was good for kiting. I wish I had brought my gear along. This time everything goes, and if I don't kite so what, I still see family and friends and can surf.
Places in around LA that usually get a mention is Seal Beach, down SD way there is Tourmaline Canyon.

stabber
NSW, 1114 posts
8 Sep 2013 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

"I only ride waves and prefer 20 plus knots".... that's Gold......

Like anyone wants 15 knots and flat water.....hahahhaahaaaa.....Noob!

Bahnhof
WA, 28 posts
9 Sep 2013 12:13AM
Thumbs Up

Sunset beach, at the northern end of Huntington for waves. Chop and flatwater at Redondo beach in south LA. If you want to get away from crowds, try around Ventura, north of Santa Barbara. If you get the chance go north of Santa Cruz, to Waddel creek and a few other spots where conditions get much better. Take your 12m & 10m. Be prepared to do a lot of driving.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"California" started by mc