Forums > Kitesurfing General

Call out for help this Friday or Sat at Pinaroo

Created by Lorgra > 9 months ago, 22 Nov 2011
Lorgra
WA, 215 posts
22 Nov 2011 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

Newbie to kite surfing with a few lessons under my belt and a few times out by myself.

Just got a new Core Riot 9m and took it out Monday at Pinaroo.

Wind wasn't especially strong but others were flying kite the same size.

Mine however seemed to struggle to stay up when I bought it into the power window.

I tried some body dragging but couldn't seem to get any drag and struggled to keep the kite up.

Can someone PLEASE help me out. I need someone to come down and take a look at it and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I'll be down Friday after work and the weekend.

I really want to get into this exciting sport.

Cheers

Lorgra

tgladman
WA, 500 posts
22 Nov 2011 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

pinnas is a friendly spot grant. there's garunteed to be someone there who can point u right. just ask.

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
23 Nov 2011 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

Australian Kiteboarding School operate there which I'm sure can help you. They sell core kites.

Just be careful at pinnas as there is a wind shadow to the right of the pathway that leads down to the beach. Prob 100mts down. If your not careful you will be stuck.

Another tip is to practice your body dragging before adding the board. Place your name and mobile number in black marker pen on your board just incase you cant get back to it.

** also if you have a core control bar cut off the plastic mini loop off the bar. It is dangerous and will cause serious injury to you at some stage. If not sure contact AKS at the shop.

Have fun..

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
23 Nov 2011 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

RPM said...

** also if you have a core control bar cut off the plastic mini loop off the bar. It is dangerous and will cause serious injury to you at some stage. If not sure contact AKS at the shop.

Have fun..

Also take to the metal hook down near the chicken loop with a hacksaw. It can be more dangerous than Slaves death leashes.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Call out for help this Friday or Sat at Pinaroo" started by Lorgra