Forums > Kitesurfing General

DOLLS VS BRIGHTON

Created by robwebb > 9 months ago, 24 Nov 2007
robwebb
NSW, 93 posts
24 Nov 2007 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Curious as to why Dolls is always packed out when Brighton beach is generally empty. Theres always an empty bay along the beach. Is Dolls actually a better spot or people kite there for social reasons? I generally kite down the road at Brighton but tried Dolls the other day and it thought it was more choppy, gustier wind, plus the tide stuffed it up. Why is Dolls so popular?

Flying Kiwi
WA, 258 posts
24 Nov 2007 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

I agree, I always kite out from the massive carpark, it has less tide and is a nice run over to Towra.

chronic
NSW, 318 posts
24 Nov 2007 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

there are few optinons at Brighton. no Towra and no small waves, no tides and no peanut gallery nor parking where you can pullup and watch it all
but it does have showers and toilets and plenty of break ins to your car, it is the first stop for people coming from north and a really good spot for learners as there is usually heaps of room

Moritz
NSW, 180 posts
25 Nov 2007 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

I guess the penut gallery is one of the main reasons. Dolls has a great location for people wanting to watch the "chaos/war" that goes on the water...

When the tide is working, Dolls is definitely the better spot. When the tide is not, it really sucks...

peanuticus
NSW, 341 posts
26 Nov 2007 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

chronic said...

there are few optinons at Brighton. no Towra and no small waves, no tides and no peanut gallery nor parking where you can pullup and watch it all
but it does have showers and toilets and plenty of break ins to your car, it is the first stop for people coming from north and a really good spot for learners as there is usually heaps of room

LMFAO @ waves! and to towra?? lazy git...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"DOLLS VS BRIGHTON" started by robwebb