Forums > Kitesurfing General

Daylight savings this weekend for east siders!

Created by kitebored > 9 months ago, 29 Sep 2009
kitebored
NSW, 561 posts
29 Sep 2009 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Yew, after work kiting for us 9-5'ers!

Daylight Saving Commences:
Sunday 4 October 2009, at 2:00 am when clocks are put forward one hour.

Daylight Saving Ends:
Sunday 4 April 2010, at 3:00 am summer time when clocks are put back one hour.

SUNAMI
NSW, 90 posts
29 Sep 2009 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

clubies are back too *anker*

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
29 Sep 2009 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Yer - the cows over here need there beauty sleep, so no kiteboarding cows will be seen out late, this side of the sandpit

the gaz
WA, 172 posts
29 Sep 2009 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

I'm envious of you guys, they tried it here for 3 years but it was too complicated. The farmers didn't know how to change the time on their watches or something similar.
I do expect to see 10's of thousands of people walking dogs and jogging in the morning though because apparently daylight saving stopped them doing that.

sleek1
VIC, 672 posts
29 Sep 2009 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

the gaz said...

I'm envious of you guys, they tried it here for 3 years but it was too complicated. The farmers didn't know how to change the time on their watches or something similar.
I do expect to see 10's of thousands of people walking dogs and jogging in the morning though because apparently daylight saving stopped them doing that.

I wouldnt be envious if i was you, least you have wind.not in the flatuelance variety. Although you may have that aswell.Not that i am saying you fart all the time.Although you may.It is all good.......sorry.

Clintos
QLD, 88 posts
29 Sep 2009 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Not all East siders mate... We are even more backwards than WA, we don't even get a trial!

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
29 Sep 2009 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

the gaz said...

im going to sit on my front yard and throw rocks at them until they vote for daylight savings to come back

moon waxing
WA, 307 posts
29 Sep 2009 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

At present WA is 2 hours behind Eastern states so will be 3 hours but in reality its 20 years behind.

Old people... best excuse for bringing in Euthanasia.

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
30 Sep 2009 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

Old people should be drowned at birth!

Kalavas
WA, 146 posts
29 Sep 2009 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

Ugh, we have someone at work who is very anti DLS. I almost feel sorry for her when everyone dogpiles on her about it. ALMOST. Then I think of the hour of lost kiting time, and join in.

manicskier
VIC, 772 posts
30 Sep 2009 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

Clintos said...

Not all East siders mate... We are even more backwards than WA, we don't even get a trial!

you dont need it do you, the sun comes up and goes down about the same time all year

we have it down here otherwise the sun is getting up at 4am

go easy on yourselves, even if you dont know how to spell beer

WillyO
QLD, 263 posts
30 Sep 2009 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

at least us queenslanders can rest easy knowing our curtains wont fade unlike like those that have DLS!

kitebored
NSW, 561 posts
30 Sep 2009 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

the gaz said...

im going to sit on my front yard and throw rocks at them until they vote for daylight savings to come back

my guess is you won't need many rocks

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
30 Sep 2009 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

WARNING,

Please be aware that the extra hour of day light may cause the colours on your kite to fade.

HAAK

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Daylight savings this weekend for east siders!" started by kitebored