Forums > Kitesurfing General

Dear Euro Guy

Created by ApatheticEnd > 9 months ago, 8 Jan 2011
dave......
WA, 2119 posts
17 Jan 2011 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Dear Travelling kitesurfers from anywhere, But especially Euros (Italians and French) You guys are wearing out your welcome sooooo quickly at Woodies its not funny. Most of your beaches are banned through reckless, irresponsible and inconsiderate behaviour. If you are these kinds of kiters please go home:

1) Was setting up at beach 2. two guys come down and try to set up right in the middle of the footpath, on the walk down I noticed 4-5 windsurfers in the carpark, so asked them nicely "could you set up 5 meters away, so everyone can use the path...". I got lip....excuse me I understand french, thanks to the random windsurfer who was listening as was walking his gear down and kicked their kit out of the way. Finally got these clowns sorted when its the mussolini brigade doing the samne thing, I asked nicely and got the same result....

2) Finally at the offshore side, and it was a ZOO, 10 runs in and short-tacked on and snaked every time. I have never had me or my kite hit 3 times in 1 session until today Ride a circuit, hold your line and give some room downwind of the guys coming in. By the way I can understand italian too, and after saying something and copping lip in Italian, you guys dont realize just how close you were to missing a lot of teeth.

3) So I land my kite upwind of everyone to adjust my lines, change a pigtail setting and walk back, I get back to my bar and go to launch. Should I be suprised that someone has landed and just left their stuff all over mine?

Some perspective. If you are visiting a country and a local comes down. Sees wicked vans with rubbish everywhere in a national reserve, gets lip from inconsiderate aholes who refuse to respect other beach users, and cant kite at his local due to safety issues and general recklessness, there will major localism here in Perth. I dont believe in Da Hui (Hawiian Blackshorts), but I see exactly why they exist. Rude, inconsiderate eurotrash isnt welcome and will not be tolerated.
Big Rant over....

ashton
WA, 31 posts
17 Jan 2011 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Dear selected Euro's,

Ugly Euro Girl - when you shout out ' Don't worry about the locals they'll get out the way' ..... Don't expect us to be so welcoming towards you.

And...... the French guy who said " Wee Wee Me know No English" when my friend needed some help with a kite on the loose. I heard you speaking fluent English in the carpark later you cheeky bugger.

Ok Visitors - Here in Australia at our flatwater locations... you come in throw down a trick and get the heck out of there....and at over a kite lines length distance you edge back up wind. Yeah simular to a circuit!! If you stop in front of someone and turn around heading back towards the trick zone it's called cutting people off!! It pisses people off, causes kaos and there's a chance someone could open up a can of whoop ass on you!! You's learnt how to do 40,000 dingle dangles now learn how to not cut pricks off!!

I must say kiting around here was alot better a few years ago. Remember when there was a close-knit community of kiters and there was no dimwits around? I wish people would stop selling our already extremely crowded Aussie locations!!!. Why?...We're full already and no good can come from selling the sport or locations any further than it already is...well.... unless you're cashing in on it.

It's funny how windsurfers aren't much of a problem anymore. It's other kiters!! The idiot one's! The dangerous one's! and there's heaps of em.

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
18 Jan 2011 12:03AM
Thumbs Up

ashton said...
" Wee Wee Me know No English"

I just love this one.........used by the really dumb.

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
18 Jan 2011 1:16AM
Thumbs Up

dave...... said...

Cool dude, I love a cool Euro, After all I lived there all my primary school years. I Used to be ashamed of fellow aussies touring the oktoberfest and Amsterdam, Sometimes we all feel ashamed of our fellow countrymen....

I dont want this to become racist. Just remember where ever you go you are representing your country, your culture and your own personality....travelling is a privelige, not a right.

Peace out.....

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
18 Jan 2011 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

I dont want this to become racist. Just remember where ever you go you are representing your country, your culture and your own personality....travelling is a privelige, not a right.

Peace out.....

How can it be racist when you are the same race?

Don't you mean 'culturally intolerant'?

Racism is a whole nuther issue

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
18 Jan 2011 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Bigwavedave said...

Peace out.....

How can it be racist when you are the same race?

Don't you mean 'culturally intolerant'?

Racism is a whole nuther issue

Race and colour are two separate items. Remember the old saying "race, colour and creed"

myusernam
QLD, 6123 posts
18 Jan 2011 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

there are only two things I hate in this world, people who are intolerent of other peoples' cultures and the Dutch.

MichaelCaine's character
goldmember 2

I think there's something in that for all of us.

Pate Biscuit
The big gig

Taurus
VIC, 189 posts
18 Jan 2011 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like you guys in WA have some serious issues, should consider spreading some negative words about how crap WA kiting is and how you all just want to go somewhere else.

tatkins
QLD, 344 posts
18 Jan 2011 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Taurus said...

Sounds like you guys in WA have some serious issues, should consider spreading some negative words about how crap WA kiting is and how you all just want to go somewhere else.

Come on T don't take it to heart . SEQ is worse, it's full of wa#k*rs compared to WA

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Dear Euro Guy" started by ApatheticEnd