Forums > Kitesurfing General

Does anybody have Trainer Kites for sale

Created by specimen > 9 months ago, 23 Jan 2013
specimen
WA, 221 posts
23 Jan 2013 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hi kiters in Perth region. I'm getting my six year old into kiting. Already a good snow skier so kiting will be his awesome summer sport.
Does anybody have a good trainer kite that they want to sell. Please in good condition would be preferred.
PM me if you do.
Thanks in advance.

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
23 Jan 2013 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

OK so there are trainer kites and CRAP trainer kites - perhaps you need to add some more details as to exactly what you are after?
How much does ur 6 yr old weigh? A 1.5 m ram air trainer is fine for a light kid in 6 to 10 knots but a 3.5 m kite will be %%##% in 15 knots for the same !
Some trainers come with the 2 handle models (WTF?) the bar version kites are the preferred 'real kite' trainers. What wind strengths are you thinking about introducing the kids to kiting ??
The really good trainer kites dont behave like blowflies despite their small size - they are tuned to act (OK not exactly the same as) but similar to the biger inflatable kites.
I have an Ozone IMP 2.5 m which is a 3 line (bar) trainer kite and the kids love it - its now superseded by a new model apparently .
I also looked at a few of the other branded kites trainers - all seem to be pretty good.
So - Specimen - do you have a model and size in mind? ( Oh and ur son being a good snow skier is pretty awesome given you distance from the nearest ski field!!)

Number
WA, 108 posts
24 Jan 2013 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

You can rent one at Kite Addiction, give him a day or 2 with that one and then put him on the smallest LEI u can find to bodydrag.

dnd_crackworldegg
WA, 57 posts
24 Jan 2013 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

This might be useful ...
www.anacondastores.com/

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Does anybody have Trainer Kites for sale" started by specimen