Forums > Kitesurfing General

Dongara cops recover $15k kite gear

Created by Dave Whettingsteel > 9 months ago, 8 Apr 2014
Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
8 Apr 2014 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

au.news.yahoo.com/teens-charged-over-kitesurfing-haul-22465866.html

Great work by Dongara police! A load of gear stolen at this years Kitestock has been recovered and 2 19yo charged.

kernal
WA, 541 posts
8 Apr 2014 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

15k$ ay... hahahaha well there gonna get reamed for id say 2k$ gear judgeing by those photos if that no sympathy from me tho

WA, 1255 posts
8 Apr 2014 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

That's not all of what was stolen in the pic. There were more kites, even bars without kites.. Although that crazyfly belongs to a colleague of mine.. Also the gear bag behind the airush kitebag

Just showed him the pic, he's stoked

a few in their group was hit. They've just called the cops and all their stolen gear is accounted for. Happy days.

timmybuddhadude
WA, 771 posts
8 Apr 2014 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

awesome
thanks for shareing

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
8 Apr 2014 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

i know the bischopps got hit hard so i hope they get their stuff back . I must have been lucky as i left a heap of gear in my tent that didn't get touched

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
8 Apr 2014 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

pricks

To add...I can't consider 19 yr olds as 'teens' I teach 'teens', 19 is let's face it well beyond that... enough to go to war, old enough to vote and drink, old enough to go to prison.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

ste
WA, 508 posts
8 Apr 2014 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

An 18 crono!

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
8 Apr 2014 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Another slap on the wrist about to be doled out by our courts.
You wont stop these FKKERS till there is a price to pay. Doesnt have to be prison - theres lots options.
Trouble is the courts think only in warnings, probation or gaol.
Ask any cop - penalties arent worth the time they put in catching & prosecuting.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
8 Apr 2014 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ste said..

An 18 crono!

where ?

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
8 Apr 2014 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

I've actually been summoned for jury duty in Gero the week they go to court. What a pity they are going to magistrates court and not the district court. Would have been fun to have seen these scum being held to account.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
8 Apr 2014 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

ditto eppo.
I thought the reference to 'teens' was going to mean youngsters too.

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
8 Apr 2014 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dave Whettingsteel said..

I've actually been summoned for jury duty in Gero the week they go to court. What a pity they are going to magistrates court and not the district court. Would have been fun to have seen these scum being held to account.

If you don't get selected for jury duty you can always go in and watch.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Apr 2014 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Unfortunately for these lot Dongaras a small pretty tight knit town, and unfortunately you get a few scumbags moving or relocating here and bringing their habits, most locals Are soon onto it, I've had my eye open and have passed the word around the lads just incase they tried to sell them , the are around 5 or 6 scum and their hangers on living in town , which the cops are on to, good stuff advertising their address , feel free to come and give them a kicking,

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
8 Apr 2014 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Good you are onto it Cauncy. Yeah small communities can be pretty good at dealing with social problems. Particularly with young blokes,nothing beats a quiet chat from a few older blokes. Though I do remember 20 or so years ago at Horrocks we were having a family celebration at the community kitchens and some young drunks crashed in. They were totally settled by a chat by my mother in law reminding them she did know there mums and grandmothers very well!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
9 Apr 2014 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Just a thought, I'm heading down to Perth and freo from Dongara if the guys who's stuff has been stolen want to arrange something with the local cops I'd be willing to bring it down, pretty sure Dave wettingsteel does the trip from horrocks also quite regular aswell, not sure of the process maybe speak to grant oic at Dongara police he's a neighbour

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
9 Apr 2014 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Great news and good to hear those affected will get their gear back.

Timely too as I'm heading to Dongara in a few weeks.
Anybody want to PM me with good kite spots and likelihood of wind direction/strength etc?
Have only been once (kitestock 09) and it was blowin it's tatas off! Not expecting those winds but anything is a bonus this time of year.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
9 Apr 2014 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Yup I'm happy to pick up kit and bring to Perth as well. Only problem is I'm normally passing through Dongara around 4am, but ill figure something out. Probably pick up on my way home Friday arvo. Good thought Cauncy.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
9 Apr 2014 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty sure once gear is identified as yours you can arrange with the cops to get it somewhere close to you.
Your local cop shop - or maybe a Perth warehouse for country gear.
Worth asking.

If the Dongara force is watching here - Great Work guys. Love to see these scumbags bagged.

henko
WA, 3 posts
10 Apr 2014 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

I am one of the guys that gear got stolen. Believe me I was pissed off and really really angry. I am now a very happy man to have my beloved gear back thanks to the great community and local police in Dongara.........who knows, I might pay the thugs a visit next time I am up there! Useless idiots with NO respect!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Dongara cops recover $15k kite gear" started by Dave Whettingsteel