Forums > Kitesurfing General

First good northerly in ages.

Created by Smedg > 9 months ago, 7 Aug 2011
Smedg
NSW, 836 posts
7 Aug 2011 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

NthNSW Just headed to the beach not expecting to be able to kite. was about 11knt straight down the beach with a little bit of potential. warm sunny day. crystal clear water with occasional clean 2 to 3 footers. Mate was there and offered to pick me up from down wind. Thought I could be walking part of it but it kicked in to a perfect 16 to 18knts. First northerly on my new 11 c kite and surfboard. preem conditions for the whole of the 6 or 7km stretch. then a lift waiting.

@ Darren, thanks for the lift, much appreciated. @ Stamp, hope that baby girl was doing something cute 'cause u missed out. @ Old Greg, hope WA and holiday goes awesome. @ Steve next time dust your kite off instead of laughing at me and going home. haha.

hopefully we'll get a better season this year other wise i might have to quit work and stay parked at the beach to catch all the short perfect moments like this was.

stamp
QLD, 2770 posts
7 Aug 2011 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

spewing i missed it, i had a look and thought it wouldn't kick in

i'll let you know when you miss a good one when you're at work

BennyB12
QLD, 918 posts
7 Aug 2011 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

I was moving house so the old D.O.W just didnt cut it... WaaaaaaHaaaaaaWaaaaaHaaaaaaa

Smedg
NSW, 836 posts
7 Aug 2011 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Next time. ps im not cool enough to know what DOW is.

BennyB12
QLD, 918 posts
7 Aug 2011 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Depending on wind... Not applicable to moving and wedding days apparently....

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
8 Aug 2011 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

... nah dude, everything is D.O.W

Mind you, it depends on depth of S H I T your willing to stand in, when you pull out the DOW!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"First good northerly in ages." started by Smedg