Forums > Kitesurfing General

Floating Lines for F-One kites ?

Created by Lambie > 9 months ago, 29 Nov 2016
Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
29 Nov 2016 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

"Floating lines" is the strangest name for a kite bridle but its what F-one calls it!!

So after a bit of a google search for F-one kite bridles I finally find that I had the name wrong - but it really doesn't make any difference cuz no one in Australia keeps spares for kites any older than the B 10 (latest model - why would anyone with a brand new kite need a new bridle ??)

At first I was thinking I only needed to replace the spectra bridle lines but after a bit of further investigation found the pulleys were also knackered (which caused the line wear) - the shaft is half worn through (yep sound very painfull!!)

Given no one in Australia seems to have OEM floating lines for my Bandit 7 - 9m and 11m kites, I'm wondering where is the next best place to get new spectra coated spectra replacement bridle lines??

I can get the pulleys from F-one apparently - I have a set of Ronstan sliders but they seem to be even harsher on the bridle than the jambed pulley!

Any leads are very much appreciated as I live in country vic and the closest Kite Shops are over 2 hrs away !

KiteBud
WA, 1536 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Lambie,

My good friend Jack is the new distributor for F-One Australia and I'm sure he'll be able to help you

www.f-one.com.au/contact.php

I've also sent him a link to this thread.

Christian

wombles
QLD, 42 posts
29 Nov 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

www.one-proshop.com.

Have got spares f-one from this site in the past. There is no cheap way out of f-one spare

KiteBud
WA, 1536 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wombles said..
www.one-proshop.com.

Have got spares f-one from this site in the past. There is no cheap way out of f-one spare

That is Jack's Website as well but it's based in Europe. Contact Jack through his Australian Website he's local in QLD

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
29 Nov 2016 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Christian - I met Jack at the Merimbula Classic last week end - great guy !
But - as Jack said its hard to stock all of the specific bits for particular size kites from the past few generations - so seems if you own an F-one kite older than a B 10 and need someting that is kite specific like a bridle - opps a floating line then go find someone to make it for you ...................or wait for it to be imported from France plus postage. The global market is a fun pond to play in it seems!!

And so 3 weeks to go until Christmas and Santa clogging the postal service what are the options to get this crap sorted????

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
29 Nov 2016 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Buy a can of this for $25 and you will never have to replace one again......!

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
30 Nov 2016 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

All sorted - have bought the pulleys from F-one and 3mm spectra from Rope Direct and will make up my own !!

Addikt - I gather the McLube is for the pulleys ;-) ??

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
30 Nov 2016 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

In the past I have knocked up some for jack in the shop. He is still sorting out what he needs to carry as spares, but any kite repairer will be able to make new bridles for you if you contact them. Over the phone, they would only need full length measurment.

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
30 Nov 2016 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Should have mentioned while we were talkin gav! I had line with me at mambo! All well, till next year!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Floating Lines for F-One kites ?" started by Lambie