Plummet
4862 posts
7 Mar 2014 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Plummet said..

The uncooler the better I say.

If your worried about being cool then you limit your own ability to enjoy things for what they are, not what others think.

I love my uncoolness. It means i can really enjoy myself.

This is what I did on the weekend. Soooooo.... uncool as far as kiting is concerned. yet so much fun it should be illegal.

The bashers in this thread need to take the blinkers of and realize how much more to kiting there is.

One day Mr V i'll add a foil board to my stable.... one day.

That looks like awesome fun!!!

Evin cooler if you did it while wearing a darth Vander costume!

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
8 Mar 2014 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

What would look really cool if you had the money of course, would be to get the mast and maybe board custom made with clear polycarbonate which is still super strong much like what you see on bikes and cars with their clear wheels, would be a really trippie look seeing someone float along the water with what seems to be nothing under their feet.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
8 Mar 2014 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

DARTH said..

Plummet said..

The uncooler the better I say.

If your worried about being cool then you limit your own ability to enjoy things for what they are, not what others think.

I love my uncoolness. It means i can really enjoy myself.

This is what I did on the weekend. Soooooo.... uncool as far as kiting is concerned. yet so much fun it should be illegal.

The bashers in this thread need to take the blinkers of and realize how much more to kiting there is.

One day Mr V i'll add a foil board to my stable.... one day.

That looks like awesome fun!!!

Evin cooler if you did it while wearing a darth Vander costume!

No cape tho

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
8 Mar 2014 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
shane75 said..

What would look really cool if you had the money of course, would be to get the mast and maybe board custom made with clear polycarbonate which is still super strong much like what you see on bikes and cars with their clear wheels, would be a really trippie look seeing someone float along the water with what seems to be nothing under their feet.

Love the idea mate :)

DutchRooster
NSW, 325 posts
8 Mar 2014 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Nope, I dont get the appeal. But each to their own.

I understand the application of foils for racing sailing boats and so can see how it is being applied for kite racing, but in the waves??! Nah man, that's where you want to be totally in touch with the motion of the ocean, not floating above it. It just looks so ... disconnected.

But hey; I've never tried it and am always happy to see people get their stoke!

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
20 Mar 2014 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DutchRooster said..

Nope, I dont get the appeal. But each to their own.

I understand the application of foils for racing sailing boats and so can see how it is being applied for kite racing, but in the waves??! Nah man, that's where you want to be totally in touch with the motion of the ocean, not floating above it. It just looks so ... disconnected.

But hey; I've never tried it and am always happy to see people get their stoke!

I have a slightly different opinion, but I can understand how you think that. Because your board is not in direct contact with the wave and you're literally balancing a Unicycle on steroids - it makes it even more difficult and challenging. Being on a board so connected to the wave is for pussies can you get how I see it? Until you've tried to do a lip cut on a foil you really have no gage to measure eheheh

Here's one to wet your appetite. This is only the start.. keep your eyes open for the progression

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
20 Mar 2014 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

To clarify: I am NOT bagging wave kitesurfing with directional, or even TTs. That is what I do and where the sport is at its pure core. I am simply sharing my stoke and introducing a new perspective to kiting.

For those of you reading the 2nd page only here's the progression:

The first sessions - http://www.kitesurfing.com.au/article-hydrofoil-dreaming/

Session 6 on the board, October 13 - www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152134220896018&set=vb.619161017&type=3&theater

1 month later, November 2013 - www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152258877401018&set=vb.619161017&type=3&theater

December 2013 - www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152314275691018&set=vb.619161017&type=3&theater

Am I happy with it? I sure am. Would I drop it now? Not a chance, it is completely addictive.

V

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
21 Mar 2014 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sir V said..

Until you've tried to do a lip cut on a foil you really have no gage to measure eheheh

There seems to be something missing in this pic. ^^^

Oh that's it ...a ton of spray shaved off the lip.

I guess it's hard to have a proper dig when you are leaning on a shovel that's attached to a board.

This stuff is for dudes who don't want to get their toes wet.

But I do appreciate your skill Sir, keep up the spadework.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Foilboarding in waves, yep :)" started by Sir V