Forums > Kitesurfing General

Futures fins upgrade for 2022 Duotone Wam Sls 5'9

Created by nicfpv > 9 months ago, 22 Jan 2023
nicfpv
6 posts
22 Jan 2023 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everybody,
I need to buy some new fins for my 2022 Duotone Wam Sls 5'9.
Did someone try to upgrade them with Futures fins? Which one?
Blackstix is too soft for kitesurfing?
I'm not looking for very stiff fins, more oriented to allround or mushy waves.
I'm also a light foot guy.

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
22 Jan 2023 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Quobba fins

smook
VIC, 198 posts
22 Jan 2023 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

Note I can get futures for same price But recommend Quobba's on our boards Shredder's and wave models And have done lot of testing with our boards
The fins come in Glass or Carbon/ Glass which are stiffer Available to purchase through me as well Or buy through Quobba's web site

nicfpv
6 posts
23 Jan 2023 4:36AM
Thumbs Up

I know Quobba are good, but I thought were more carving oriented and they wouldn't give me more agility

doonut
WA, 257 posts
23 Jan 2023 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Only problem with quobba is they don't have different fin profiles like futures or FCS do, if you want to be more agile then maybe try a "pivot" fin profile. I think Quobba make their fin a "rake" profile?

It would be good if Quobba started making different fin profiles assuming their tech works with these other profiles?

DJMWA
WA, 343 posts
23 Jan 2023 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
doonut said..
Only problem with quobba is they don't have different fin profiles like futures or FCS do, if you want to be more agile then maybe try a "pivot" fin profile. I think Quobba make their fin a "rake" profile?

It would be good if Quobba started making different fin profiles assuming their tech works with these other profiles?

Quobba's are a fairly neutral profile, pretty similar to the old Soar Dhalberg glass on fins for anyone that remembers them from the 90's.

I also recommend getting a set of quobbas, I use them in all conditions when kiting and love them.

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
23 Jan 2023 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

I use them from 1 foot beach slop to double head reef breaks. Best fin in my opinion for kitesurfing and I have tried a lot

nicfpv
6 posts
23 Jan 2023 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..
I use them from 1 foot beach slop to double head reef breaks. Best fin in my opinion for kitesurfing and I have tried a lot

Good to know....do u use glass or carbon?

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
24 Jan 2023 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Glass . Get in contact with them if you have any questions, they are awesome people to deal with and local

smook
VIC, 198 posts
24 Jan 2023 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nicfpv said..

Nathe said..

Good to know....do u use glass or carbon?

I use both Carbon / glass and new Glass I also use medium and large Depending on type and size of board Even some of my larger guys 100 kg use my boards are on Med or Large depending on what size / type board

smook
VIC, 198 posts
24 Jan 2023 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..

100 percent on Nathe said I also use in bay waves and over head down line breaks Some of my guys who switch foot said it help them which gives them drive and speed on there turns

thuffam
QLD, 47 posts
29 Jan 2023 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
A bit of a different approach...i glassed in a couple of quad fin boxed... now ride me 2021 5'10 Wam as a quad... so much more fun : handles a lot of speed much better and way snappier in turns and just generally transformed the board IMHO.
To be honest though I have always found thruster setups boring to ride, its a shame Duotone, and most other manufacturers except Cabrinha, don't give people the option (I know they do on the Session.. but I ride mostly 2-4ft beach breaks).

loco4olas
NSW, 1515 posts
29 Jan 2023 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

I had a look at their website. Are the Quobba fins only for futures boxes?

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
29 Jan 2023 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure maybe call them.
who doesn't ride futures? Fcs just blow plugs

smook
VIC, 198 posts
29 Jan 2023 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
loco4olas said..
I had a look at their website. Are the Quobba fins only for futures boxes?

They have Fcs1 dual tab

loco4olas
NSW, 1515 posts
31 Jan 2023 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..
Not sure maybe call them.
who doesn't ride futures? Fcs just blow plugs

Nah, I don't rip that hard...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General