Forums > Kitesurfing General

GPS Kiting anyone?

Created by Dylan72 > 9 months ago, 3 Jan 2016
Dylan72
QLD, 633 posts
3 Jan 2016 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Is anyone interested me taking work done in relation to windsurfing on ka72.com and applying it to GPS kiting?

There are now automated performance metrics, sailor ratings, and automatic competition groups. These could be extended to kiters using GPS devices (water or snow based.)

If there is interest in an online perpetual GPS kiteboard competition, I am happy to set one up just to see how it goes. (The site already supports kiteboard track uploads, I've just never set up a separate competition for kiters.) This could be used for either top end competition, or performance improvement programs.

Dylan.

SydPete
WA, 64 posts
3 Jan 2016 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

This is sure to get more interest in the racing section.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
3 Jan 2016 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Why

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
4 Jan 2016 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

I'm only interested in the speed a kiter does on the day and the equipment he uses.

The few problems I see is you get bored quick (well for me anyway) and speed boards are almost non existent in the second hand market.

I'd be interested maybe 5% of the time, and I'm the only one of about 12 kiters that I know talking about it. Saying that every year in winter if I had a board I would try and break my local record for sure.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"GPS Kiting anyone?" started by Dylan72