Forums > Kitesurfing General

Hawaii Beginning of April

Created by Akwa > 9 months ago, 1 Feb 2013
Akwa
WA, 255 posts
1 Feb 2013 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys!

I'm lucky enough to have a misses who's a flight attendant with Qantas which gives us both 90% discount on all Qantas flights.

So we're planning on a 10 day holiday around easter (last week march/first week april) and are considering flying to Hawaii since it wouldn't cost us much at all.

Apparently tho it is 'winter' around that time and winds aren't as frequent as in summer. I am just wondering if any of you have been there around that time and if you can please inform me about conditions, spots, kite sizes and other awesome things to do around there?

Me and the misses both love Scuba Diving, Trekking and Partying and obviously I'll be Kiting if the conditions allow it.

Any info would be fantastic!

robbo1111
NSW, 631 posts
1 Feb 2013 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Good luck getting a staff seat at Easter. Staff travel to HNL very stressful at peak times you might need some flexibility with the dates.

Nevertheless mar/apr/may is a great time for wind and waves on Maui or lighter winds at Kailua on Oahu

Akwa
WA, 255 posts
1 Feb 2013 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

robbo1111 said...
Good luck getting a staff seat at Easter. Staff travel to HNL very stressful at peak times you might need some flexibility with the dates.

Nevertheless mar/apr/may is a great time for wind and waves on Maui or lighter winds at Kailua on Oahu

yeah i realize that, that's why we would also consider, Philippines, South Africa, Japan (snowboarding) or maybe even LA but Hawaii would be fantastic.

We're also thinking maybe not going over easter but going before or after.

However we would also consider flying business class and pay a bit more to get a seat

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Hawaii Beginning of April" started by Akwa