Forums > Kitesurfing General

Hawaiian Kiter gets citation for launching others

Created by Surfer62 > 9 months ago, 17 Mar 2015
Surfer62
1357 posts
17 Mar 2015 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Not a citation as in "well done" but as in you committed an offence, see story below.

www.civilbeat.org/2015/03/kailua-crime-scene-busted-for-helping-launch-kites-from-beach/

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
17 Mar 2015 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

My wife and I stayed and kited in this spot last August for 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure I met Don (the guy implicated), though I think the profile photo of him is out of date.

It's a beautiful area but we didn't enjoy kiting there due to all the rules and intensity of multiple beach users squabbling over the territory and right to be there (fishermen, tourists, kiters, kayaks etc). We tried to be respectful of all the rules and asked the local kiters for info, but without exaggeration, if the rules were written down it would be over one page's worth...

At the time we were there, the local cops were present most of the time but more so to check up on all the homeless people breaking into cars and causing trouble.

It's a shame it's escalated / degraded to this and it sucks for the locals. But you know what?, for the rest of us choosing overseas holidays, there are a 1000 better places to kite around the world than that spot, it's crowded, choppy and the wind averages 5-15 knots.

kiterdad
QLD, 42 posts
17 Mar 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

**** hawaii

go to taiwan

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
17 Mar 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiterdad said...
**** hawaii

go to taiwan

#### Taiwan , go khazikstan

mazdon
1196 posts
17 Mar 2015 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...
kiterdad said...
**** hawaii

go to taiwan

#### Taiwan , go khazikstan

Gold!

kiterdad
QLD, 42 posts
18 Mar 2015 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

hahaha :) :) :)

yeah i'll pay that cauncy

VB MAN
1156 posts
18 Mar 2015 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Geezuz, that kite launcher guy that helps out Hadlow and a few other big name kiters better watch himself if he ever goes to Hawaii

kkiter
NSW, 452 posts
18 Mar 2015 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Typical of cops everywhere these days. More interested in revenue raising than catching criminals. Maybe they should just carry donation tins rather than guns.
The Salvos have a nice uniform!!

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
18 Mar 2015 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Only in 'Merica....

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
18 Mar 2015 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Surfer62 said..
Not a citation as in "well done" but as in you committed an offence, see story below.

www.civilbeat.org/2015/03/kailua-crime-scene-busted-for-helping-launch-kites-from-beach/

And your one of them

jackforbes
WA, 530 posts
24 Mar 2015 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

This is why I never launch or land anybody. It's basically a gateway crime - one day you're launching a kite, the next you're blowing a windsurfer to get a few dollars to buy meth. And from there it is a slippery slope to foul language and jaywalking.

kkiter
NSW, 452 posts
25 Mar 2015 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

That's just plain ridiculous. No ones ever gonna blow a windsurfer!!

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
25 Mar 2015 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jackforbes said..
This is why I never launch or land anybody. It's basically a gateway crime - one day you're launching a kite, the next you're blowing a windsurfer to get a few dollars to buy meth. And from there it is a slippery slope to foul language and jaywalking.

That has to go down as one of my all time favourite posts

WillyO
QLD, 263 posts
26 Mar 2015 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pearl said..

jackforbes said..

That has to go down as one of my all time favourite posts

Epic!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Hawaiian Kiter gets citation for launching others" started by Surfer62