Forums > Kitesurfing General

How many do you know???

Created by juggler > 9 months ago, 28 Mar 2013
juggler
VIC, 243 posts
28 Mar 2013 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

So out of interest how many people do you know they have bought themselves kiting gear & have never used it or no more than a lesson???

Personally 2 of the boys at work & another mate own gear for 1-2 years & never used

They don't know what they are missing

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
28 Mar 2013 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Your 'new gear mates' are my favourite mates - as far as second hand gear goes!!

I love the stories of schools that had a new and super keen student that had a few lessons and bought the latest gear only to find they didnt have the - time/mates to go kiting with / inclination/ brownie points to get away / or were wantabe kiters with out the risk.

Best of all is when they sit on their brand new gear with a 'i'm gona doit' thing for around another 12 months - so the gear is still recent but now HALF price!!

Juggler - unfortunately for us in the sticks of Gippsland there arent too many wanabes - we just scan the seabreeze B&S looking for your wanabe friends!!

So I dont have a story but would like to find a mate with a mate that has a Bandit 6 - 8m, 10m and 14m floating around for the price of a few slabs!!!!

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
29 Mar 2013 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

yeah two mates. full setups and have never hit the beach

Hunter S
WA, 516 posts
28 Mar 2013 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Farking excellent - less kiters at the beach and good cheap gear for sale
Don't encourage em

MagicMike
WA, 210 posts
29 Mar 2013 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

It would almost be safe to assume that 50% of kiting gear could be owned by one-hit-wonder Kiters
I have a few mates who begged me to get them into the sport who haven't kept at it

Olliefly
QLD, 63 posts
30 Mar 2013 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Its so good to hear that some wankers didnt quite get it, ive knocked the back out of 2 kites since august , couldnt get a slab for both of them

dorothyinste
QLD, 453 posts
30 Mar 2013 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

A friend was super keen on learning the sport. Showed him the ropes and let him fly my kites, learned to body drag and that was the end of that. He continues to tell me he wants to keep going with learning but has lost all the initial enthusiasm. I do not fully understand his mind set. I guess they have other priorities.

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
30 Mar 2013 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Ha yea

Knew this guy once who started at the same time as me and was like the Mr Gadget of kiting. If there was a kitesurfing related gadget this guy had it (generally attached to him whilst kiting by some sort of improvised leash). Bought about three boards and just about every size of kite known to man and after one full season......Never saw him again.

Kitesurfing is a bit like scuba diving in that it attracts the equipment geek. If you are ever on a dive boat you will spot the equipment geek from a mile off. He (and yes its always a he) is the one so fixated on his equipment that there is a more than average chance of him drowning and taking you with him.......swim away from this dude, FAST!

hamburglar
ACT, 2174 posts
30 Mar 2013 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

juggler said...

So out of interest how many people do you know they have bought themselves kiting gear & have never used it or no more than a lesson???

Personally 2 of the boys at work & another mate own gear for 1-2 years & never used

Shhhhhhh keep quite

List what they want to get rid of in order of year and make
Thanks

The Burglar

cracknback
NSW, 56 posts
1 Apr 2013 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

juggler said...

Yeah, but how many out there even know who Wipika are let alone still have one of their kites :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"How many do you know???" started by juggler