Forums > Kitesurfing General

How to remove / fill scratches on a TT board?

Created by Kazan > 9 months ago, 14 Feb 2014
Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
14 Feb 2014 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

My board is a Cardboards brand and I've had it since new. Now it's got a few gashes from rocks/debri on the sand and they are not deep, but are noticeable. Is there anything I can do to repair them? Any tips ideas?

I was going to fill them in using resin and "fix" the board like a typical surfboard repair job ('cause I know how to repair surfboards), but of course TTs are not surfboards nor made of foam, so I suspect I need something else that is not brittle like fibreglass and flexes with the board under load.

Thanks in advance.

Plummet
4862 posts
14 Feb 2014 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

check to see if it has a plastic coating on the bottom.

if not a normal surfboard style epoxy repair will work.

But if the scratch isn't through any layers i wouldn't bother. polish it up and ride. yourl be scratching it again soon anyway.

Sauce
WA, 203 posts
14 Feb 2014 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

If it's a gash u can pop into main peak and buy some PTEX.. It's used to fix gashes in skis or snowboards.. U just melt it, let it drip in and scrape it off .. Pretty quick and easy, YouTube how to do it

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
14 Feb 2014 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

A rub with some sand paper to smooth it over and keep riding.

Craig66
NSW, 2457 posts
14 Feb 2014 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

I have a cardboard with a few light scratches. Just get a water proof marker pen the colour and the scratches will be gone (well at a glance)

Gorgo
VIC, 4979 posts
14 Feb 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Ride the board over the sand a few hundred times. The sand will rub down the bottom and remove the scratches.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"How to remove / fill scratches on a TT board?" started by Kazan