Forums > Kitesurfing General

Is it worth driving up the Sunny coast this W/E?

Created by Clintos > 9 months ago, 10 Jul 2008
Clintos
QLD, 88 posts
10 Jul 2008 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Seabreeze forecast seems to show the forecast for the Sunshine coast as being 3-5 knots higher than Brisbane and the Gold Coast every weekend. Does this actually happen? Is it worth the extra drive to Caloundra?

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
10 Jul 2008 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

no

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Jul 2008 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Pauly are you getting lazzy mate?

Its Allways worth the drive to the Sunny Coast especially on a South South East wind forcast.

Caloundra has to be the best place to kite in the above winds.(sorry crew)

If the tides running out the Caloundra River mouth is world class!!

Flat water on the inside,perfect kickers rolling through in the middle and surf out the back on the bar.
Pluss its not gusty. the river mouth faces south-south east.Its like one giant playground for wind and kitesurfing.

But it is only for kiters who have the bassics down.The current can catch you if you down your kite and can not re-launch or water start.

If the tides running in Golden beach can be a good spot if your looking for some flat water otherwise the open beaches are always good for a down winder.

Either way you cant go wrong with the SunnyCoast

If you need any more info or want to know the actual wind conditions on the day give me a call at the shop for an up date.

Regards

Luke

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
10 Jul 2008 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

sheesh luke you're not supposed to tell people how good it is up here, otherwise we'll be overrun with brisbanites any time there's a decent blow!

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
11 Jul 2008 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

KiteAction said...

Pauly are you getting lazzy mate?

Its Allways worth the drive to the Sunny Coast especially on a South South East wind forcast.

Caloundra has to be the best place to kite in the above winds.(sorry crew)

If the tides running out the Caloundra River mouth is world class!!

Flat water on the inside,perfect kickers rolling through in the middle and surf out the back on the bar.
Pluss its not gusty. the river mouth faces south-south east.Its like one giant playground for wind and kitesurfing.

But it is only for kiters who have the bassics down.The current can catch you if you down your kite and can not re-launch or water start.

If the tides running in Golden beach can be a good spot if your looking for some flat water otherwise the open beaches are always good for a down winder.

Either way you cant go wrong with the SunnyCoast

If you need any more info or want to know the actual wind conditions on the day give me a call at the shop for an up date.

Regards

Luke

Not lazy mate, just would have thought you guys found it crowded enough already

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Jul 2008 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Nah we love it! the more the meryer! The river moth is huge and theres plenty of space.
Its alway good to have some fresh faces and to watch and learn how others are kiting.

Regards

Luke

Clintos
QLD, 88 posts
11 Jul 2008 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Luke for the info, I'll most probably come up tomorrow and check it out.
Promise I won't tell anybody about it if its awesome!

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
11 Jul 2008 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

KiteAction said...

Nah we love it! the more the meryer! The river moth is huge and theres plenty of space.
Its alway good to have some fresh faces and to watch and learn how others are kiting.

Regards

Luke

Now thats the attitude!More kiters like you Luke is why I love this sport Not straps or bindings but good ol FUN!

bananaboy
QLD, 118 posts
11 Jul 2008 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Elemental...might be on this week..are you workin the weekend, or guiding wayward skydivers to beachbreak. I'm up for a morning run if your keen !!

Oh... Luke keep up the good work as the ambassador to the "Sunshine kite surfing fraternity"

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
11 Jul 2008 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

bananaboy said...

Elemental...might be on this week..are you workin the weekend, or guiding wayward skydivers to beachbreak. I'm up for a morning run if your keen !!

Oh... Luke keep up the good work as the ambassador to the "Sunshine kite surfing fraternity"

Yeah mate would love to but have to work so far and got some neck problems but see how it goes!Probably see you down stummers anyway!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Jul 2008 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Now thats the attitude!More kiters like you Luke is why I love this sport Not straps or bindings but good ol FUN!

I hate to say it but people like you is what makes this sport/forum so annoying, you somehow think everything is about strap/bindings and even if it isn't you find a way to make it about that. get over it. Im pretty sure you will find that the majority of binding riders are actually really nice down to earth normal people, also out there to just have fun. Remember all of them were once strapers as well, they just progressed

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
11 Jul 2008 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said...

I hate to say it but people like you is what makes this sport/forum so annoying, you somehow think everything is about strap/bindings and even if it isn't you find a way to make it about that. get over it. Im pretty sure you will find that the majority of binding riders are actually really nice down to earth normal people, also out there to just have fun. Remember all of them were once strapers as well, they just progressed

Dude I ride strapless ,straps, and bindings so I dont realy care what you ride I was Just making a point about fun and im sure most people here read the cabrina thingy and I never said anything bad about bindingsI like bindings I just dont care as long as we have fun!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Jul 2008 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

true. you got a good point there. im sure most people are just out to have fun as well, its not like your gonna make money out of it.

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
11 Jul 2008 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

true. you got a good point there. im sure most people are just out to have fun as well, its not like your gonna make money out of it.

Thats pretty much it mate not nockin at all!ride hard sir rowdy hope you get good wind tommorow!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Is it worth driving up the Sunny coast this W/E?" started by Clintos