Forums > Kitesurfing General

Jervis Bay Kiting

Created by HappyG > 9 months ago, 19 Sep 2013
HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
19 Sep 2013 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Hello Fellow Seabreezers... Just on the verge in buying a 4x4 and caravan and would love to Holiday in The Jervis bay area. We are coming up in Mid January. Where is the best places to Kite. I have looked at some forums but info is hard to come by.

I have been told that St Georges Basin is great for Windsurfing... But it looks like a sketchy launch for a Kite...
We can get accom at Sanctuary Pt as Huskisson is booked out at that time of year...

I have a couple of surfboards and a TT... 17 Zephyr and a 10 and 7 Metre Rebel so I should have the conditions covered...

As always I respect local knowledge and would appreciate any info...

Cheers

Al

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
19 Sep 2013 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Not in jervis bay... Lol.
Depends if you want waves or choppy flat water.
Otherwise they kite in front of huski and vinny.
Waves, north or south of the bay...

AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
19 Sep 2013 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Has a map on web site
I went there in 2004 to kite stayed in one of his rental beach houses - think he is still in business - anyway a bit more info'....

www.machelp.com.au/drsurf.html

Cheers

AP

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
19 Sep 2013 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys... Dr Surf info is great looks like we will stay at Sanctuary point and travel to Husky.

I will go north and south for waves as well...

Al

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
20 Sep 2013 2:54AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Al, PM me when you get closer to getting to the bay, we can sort you out on where to go, downwinders that might be taking place, or any other tips you might need. General area for kiting and launch is in the northern corner of Collingwood beach. Nice crew there. Come with a good attitude, and you will leave with friends. Basic windchop swell, some flat sections near the reef. Waves can be had at Gerroa and Shoalhaven Heads.
See you out there...

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
24 Sep 2013 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Dafish will PM when we are closer to getting there...

Al

Smithy
VIC, 858 posts
3 Oct 2013 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys, in Batemans Bay now and Jervis Bay in about 5 days time, we are getting a lot of northerlies, everywhere seems offshore, any suggestions of where to go? Batehaven almost seemed ok but still not quite right.

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Jervis Bay Kiting" started by HappyG