Kite + alaia + butter = Happy

Created by AKSonline > 9 months ago, 18 Jul 2013
AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Jul 2013 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hi peeps,

Just found this little clip and thought it worth a share. This to me, embodies what kiteboarding is all about.

Enjoy!

DM

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
18 Jul 2013 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Whaaaat tha........??

Farqed if I'd be sitting down in conditions like that

SugarQube
WA, 490 posts
18 Jul 2013 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Well maybe one day if I cant walk any more, at the moment the clip even runns too long for me, guess Im not old enough yet....sorry

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
18 Jul 2013 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

This embodies what kitesurfing is about???? Looks plain queer to me and a waste of some good conditions.......

jplmain
26 posts
18 Jul 2013 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

And now I must walk back.

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Jul 2013 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

To me kiteboarding is about doing your own thing and having fun. ie the pursuit of your own happiness. This guy was obviously stoked and loved it, that's what I'm talking about. I've also experimented with all kinds of boards when bored of the usual thing. It's nice to be different.

I've been kiting a long time and have never been one of the sheep, so maybe this just triggered a memory of a happy time in my past. Kiting is about fun and everyone does their own thing in order to achieve that, just because you didn't approve, does not diminish the fun this guy obviously had, or the freedom feeling we get from this sport. I'm sad to see you guys don't get this. DM

SugarQube
WA, 490 posts
18 Jul 2013 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Of course I can see the fun this guy has, It just doesnt do it for me, and just because your happy doesnt mean Im a cranky bastard all the time. Other things do it for me.

Hope you get this

AGK
NSW, 139 posts
18 Jul 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

old mate probably just had the session of his life and finished it off with a mad fun run... looked awesome, I can only imagine with that good of conditions he has been kiting so hard he has sore legs so went for some fun, so id say not wasting the conditions just using them another way, mad jealous.

cheers AKS

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
18 Jul 2013 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

fun + fun = more fun good video

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
18 Jul 2013 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

HaHa I loved it, but im an old cXXXX too....

A welcome distraction from doing my mongrel BAS

swinginginthewind
WA, 281 posts
18 Jul 2013 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SugarQube said..

It just doesnt do it for me, and just because your happy doesnt mean Im a cranky bastard all the time.

Ah geez Ray, you're just a grumpy old bugger

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
19 Jul 2013 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AKSonline said..

To me kiteboarding is about doing your own thing and having fun. ie the pursuit of your own happiness. This guy was obviously stoked and loved it, that's what I'm talking about. I've also experimented with all kinds of boards when bored of the usual thing. It's nice to be different.

I've been kiting a long time and have never been one of the sheep, so maybe this just triggered a memory of a happy time in my past. Kiting is about fun and everyone does their own thing in order to achieve that, just because you didn't approve, does not diminish the fun this guy obviously had, or the freedom feeling we get from this sport. I'm sad to see you guys don't get this. DM

I got it. I enjoy seeing something a bit different like that much more than yet another wakestyle bar pass wiggle n flip vid.

the walks
WA, 448 posts
19 Jul 2013 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hands up if anyone has seen sugarqube smile

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
19 Jul 2013 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AKSonline said..

Agreed darren. Sometimes and lately I see dudes with this serious ass look on their face, like they are in some competition. Worse in the surf!

It's all about having fun, not taking yourself too seriously and enjoying yourself. I've seen that clip before, make me smile.

Eppo

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
19 Jul 2013 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks aks. That's cool- soul kiting. Taking in the scene.

CarlBevo
NSW, 609 posts
19 Jul 2013 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

The smile on his face says it all good for him made me smile too, he obviously doesn't worry about much just enjoys doing his own thing in his own space,

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
19 Jul 2013 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
the walks said..

Hands up if anyone has seen sugarqube smile

or bigger hands up if anyone has actually seen one of his boards sell!!

WA, 1255 posts
19 Jul 2013 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

Sometimes and lately I see dudes with this serious ass look on their face, like they are in some competition. Worse in the surf!

Eppo

you mean like this eppo?

for that moment I thought I was up against keahi, and losing miserably.. obviously

lol

suface2air
QLD, 701 posts
20 Jul 2013 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

That was awesome thanks for sharing Darren . I would love to do that at that spot . Enjoy the ride Enjoy what pleases you . I have been wanting to build an alaia for a while now ,have to get around to it . Now to build one and find a spot like that SWEEEET .
Ps I had to watch it twice dose that make me an old crankey fart.

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
20 Jul 2013 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
default said..

eppo said..

Sometimes and lately I see dudes with this serious ass look on their face, like they are in some competition. Worse in the surf!

Eppo

you mean like this eppo?

for that moment I thought I was up against keahi, and losing miserably.. obviously

lol

Classic!! You kiting or doing a sht man?

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
20 Jul 2013 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

First time I ever saw this class move was a young bloke called Andy Yates - World Champ Freestyler. And he was having just as much fun as thisd dude.Anyone can have fun doing whatever rocks their boat.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite + alaia + butter = Happy" started by AKSonline