Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite boarding spot in Mandurah

Created by Mixinman > 9 months ago, 29 Sep 2015
Mixinman
WA, 3 posts
29 Sep 2015 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Crew
I use to live down augusta but after following the work trail have drifted up into the hills for the past 3year, mandurah is my closest spot to venture too, really really rusty but have enough know how to eventually get my skills up again, just need a good quiet spot with flat water and good wind, anyone got a good location in mandurah, any ideas on where????

cheers Aza

KiteBud
WA, 1536 posts
29 Sep 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

goo.gl/maps/YPQvVFP8R6y

Works only in predominantly Easterly winds. Shallow water for ages, but is know for having stonefish . wind can be a bit gusty as well.

There are other areas in Mandurah as well but they are more advanced with waves and reef, and locals like to keep those ''secret''

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
29 Sep 2015 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbulota said..
goo.gl/maps/YPQvVFP8R6y

Works only in predominantly Easterly winds. Shallow water for ages, but is know for having stonefish . wind can be a bit gusty as well.

There are other areas in Mandurah as well but they are more advanced with waves and reef, and locals like to keep those ''secret''

Known more for cobbler than stonefish . I've been done by two at that spot .

mazdon
1196 posts
29 Sep 2015 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

there are people out there only nearly every SWer as well, i guess they just stand up if all goes pear shaped, or get eppo and co to rescue them?

john street is ok (and on your side of mandurah) on a SWer if you are staying in the estuary too, but tighter space for solo launch/land.

Mixinman
WA, 3 posts
29 Sep 2015 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah cool bananas, I will go for a drive on the weekend, cobbler are better than stone fish, only been stuck once wound up in hospital, and they told me to go home with a bottle of JD, thanks gang

rod_bunny
WA, 1089 posts
30 Sep 2015 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

John St area is my local.

Just don't be like the Poleys and be tempted to go out in the Creery Island Nature Reserve

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite boarding spot in Mandurah" started by Mixinman