Thumbs Up

video shot from an Iphone - sharing the love of Kite surfing

cheers

Ben - Ikon
WA, 113 posts
2 Jun 2016 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one,

What flights did you take to get there ?

Thanks

felipep
1 posts
2 Jun 2016 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

I just booked tickets to Trujillo, PE, it was just a little bit more than to Lima, but it saved me from 12 hours on the bus. It is about 90 minutes from Trujillo

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
3 Jun 2016 5:33AM
Thumbs Up

I flew to Lima via LAN from AUS . Stay in Lima a few days because of family and friends social events but don't waist your time in Lima. I I took the bus at 9 pm from Lima and arrived at pacasmayo at 7 00 am Surfing at 8 00 am kite surfing at 10 am.

this video is from a GoPro from a kite mate

I have seen other kite surfer going from the point all the way to the pier (more than 3 minutes ride). If is a big set the wave is far out and the wind is find but if you are on a small waves the wind get funny because of the cliff and the buildings . Also is a fishing village. There are a lot of fishing nets everywhere. One surfer died trapped on the net a few weeks ago. I have been told Trujillo is better than Chicalayo for fly choices. By BUS you don't pay the extra weight. I took 3 kites and two boards. I will advise you to call El Faro hotel to arrange transportation. Trujillo has a lot of crime and if you pick up the wrong taxi guy you may have a bad experience . I have never had a bad experience in Peru but I am always carefully choosing the time and place I go

www.elfaropacasmayo.com/

www.windguru.cz/52627

this is the wind reader from the hotel

beta.windguru.cz/station/552

this Bus company is the best to go to Pacasmayo

www.excluciva.com.pe/

the wind picks up from 10 am . Most kite surfer on a 12 but the wind gusts can be up to 10 knots difference. There were two days the wind reach 30 knots. I kite surf every day on my 9 days. on a 10 meter Naish Ride. I surfed in the morning. The best tide is dead low for the barrels.

on the point the wind can be 5 knots less that in front of the Hotel (half way) . Also I always stopped before passing the hotel because
1 - it is a very long way back
2 - I get more waves if I just stay an the point.
3 - the wind change direction more off shore when you pass the point section closer to the 1st cliff near the hotel EL Faro
4 - for me the best wind direction is at the point area side but with a bit of off shore direction
5 - take booties - lost of rocks and sea shell life that can put a hole on your foot

wind direction most of the time

Miguel takes video and photo he is on a blue little van. arrange price before so you get a better price and picture 51 949 849 760 - he can arrange pick up . His father took me to chicama for a surf session and waited for me for 200 soles like$ 65 usa dollars.

Edgar is the guy working at the front of the hotel pumping kites, carring your board and landing or launching your kite. Depending were you are staying he can be a great help. He rescued my kite and my board a few times when I got in trouble. I Kite surf with no leash but i have learned now to surf with a leash. when the swell is on there are so many waves per set and is a lot of work

Edgar is on my left and his business partner on the right. They are hard working people. The best people to have you in your side
he will take me to the point to launch the kite because I did't want to start from the the hotel.

some wave pictures

I am so happy with the surf trip I wrote to much

have a great time. I will go back next year in July .

Stormboy
SA, 86 posts
3 Jun 2016 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Great wave Castillo stoked for u! What wetting 3X2 or fatter?

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
3 Jun 2016 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

3 x 2 wetsuit is good

ColoColo
QLD, 130 posts
3 Jun 2016 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hola!
That is a great video man. Gracias.
Such a long wave.
I would love to SUP it and kite it all on one day.
What's the beer like?

Ben - Ikon
WA, 113 posts
3 Jun 2016 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info - looks unreal.

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
3 Jun 2016 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

it looks like a bunch of fun...does it get hollow at low tide? whats the average crowd like?

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
3 Jun 2016 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

beer is good
when the Brazilian team show up is hell - no rules
is a big playground can find your own turf
if the swell is above 6 feet the the crowd shrinks
is not as hollow as indo - is a fat wave but very long
this is NOT me on the picture it is some surfer I don't know . The picture was given to me by Miguel the local photographer

I forgot there are some holes on the wind for a few seconds and it happens in some areas . All you do is park the kite to 12 point the board down wind and the wind will starts again.

This place is not for beginners. The winds is side off shore and lots of current

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite surfing holiday in Peru Pacasmayo May 2016" started by castill0jf