Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite surfing holiday

Created by Runjase > 9 months ago, 14 Dec 2014
Runjase
QLD, 24 posts
14 Dec 2014 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone, I am looking at going on a kiting holiday with some mates. I live on the Gold Coast and wanting to travel to kite and relax. Really not sure where to go?? Warmer climates only, what's up north Qld? i have seen the Safari type north of Cooktown, has anyone done that one?

Fiji? Vietnam? can you give me your suggestions and approximate costs from experience?
Thanks in advanced..

Jase

IanR
NSW, 1261 posts
14 Dec 2014 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Depends on the time of year.
Personally I'm packing for 3 weeks in Cape Town and a week in Perth.
Looking forward to being a turo, short tack every one and generally making a nuisance of myself

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
14 Dec 2014 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

No need to travel too far, if your after a kiting holiday then you'd struggle finding better conditions than what we've got, , 25 to 30+ knts , warm water , flat , waves, hardly another kiter around, has me stumped why people go to far off places just to kite, if it's cultural then yes, but for pure kiting?

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
14 Dec 2014 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...
No need to travel too far, if your after a kiting holiday then you'd struggle finding better conditions than what we've got, , 25 to 30+ knts , warm water , flat , waves, hardly another kiter around, has me stumped why people go to far off places just to kite, if it's cultural then yes, but for pure kiting?

Yes, definitely agree!

tatkins
QLD, 344 posts
14 Dec 2014 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Recommend Kitesurfari FNQ
Glamping at it's finest

windreams
QLD, 258 posts
14 Dec 2014 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Guys sorry I don’t want to take this thread too far off subject but I need to ask a question seeing there’s a few FNQ people posting- and it is relevant if you’re talking about kiting holidays in the north.

Heading to NQ for a few days to see family for X’mas and intended throwing in the kiting gear but then remembered those darn Box Jellies. What do guys use for stinger protection these days... full stinger suit?

JohnyMc
QLD, 60 posts
14 Dec 2014 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Don't wipeout

windreams
QLD, 258 posts
14 Dec 2014 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JohnyMc said..
Don't wipeout

Yeh I was thinking that and I’ll be good until I see a jelly then I’ll do the old back end pucker and lose it....funny what that voice in your head can make you do. Don’t lose power, don’t choke it, don’t stall it....Farrrrrrrrk!!

Rails
QLD, 1371 posts
15 Dec 2014 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

You won't see the jellyfish but yeh I wear a stinger suit on certain days
Better kooky looking than sorry and does offer sun protection

you couldn't really go wrong with a road trip up the coast jase

salt
VIC, 616 posts
15 Dec 2014 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Just read a great review of safari lodge Fiji ;)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite surfing holiday" started by Runjase