Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite/Sail/Surf midnorth coast weekend

Created by andos > 9 months ago, 6 Apr 2011
andos
NSW, 68 posts
6 Apr 2011 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Is there an organised weekend of wind/water sports that I don't know about?
Anywhere from Taree to Ballina with multi-discipline involved to guarantee some action/fun. Having some surf discipline is a must for no wind mornings or whole days. Hopefully family friendly.
If not, is anyone interested in getting involved to kick-off the first one?. A roving event with a set date might be an option. A weekend that grows into something like the Robe contest would be great.
I have posted the same topic in the poleboard forum, I do both, so do many others.
Any ideas?

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
6 Apr 2011 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

south west rocks/ hat head/ cresso would be a good spot

andos
NSW, 68 posts
6 Apr 2011 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

I was thinking about Trial Bay as a possible base.
Good camping, safe for kids, .OK in a westerly. Waves can be soft at the jail, but there are other options close by.
What are the southern/northern sides of Hat Head like in NEaster & southerly?
I know that south of Crescent could definitely work
There are plenty of options north of the rocks aswell.
Flat Rock at Ballina would be sensational.
What season?

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
8 Apr 2011 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

hat head is on shore with northerly's , south of hat head or north of creso is good on the southerly's , any season is good for me...ther are also wicked sandbdunes for sandboarding when ther is no wind

andos
NSW, 68 posts
9 Apr 2011 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Stjepan,
What is Lighthouse Beach like, towards the north end in a NE?. It would be good to have X-off options in both directions. I think RaceC could be OK.
Mike

lotofwind
NSW, 6451 posts
9 Apr 2011 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^
Hope you two have a nice bromanceLOL

Hey Mike,
Im in,when are you planning this for??
Flatrock near lennox has good camping, waves, wind options, drinking options

but with the westerlies about to get more predominent,SWR's might be better for wind??

5 day weekend comming up for Easter
remember last easter at spot X 4 days,20+knots,6 foot waves......could hardly walk by day 4

andos
NSW, 68 posts
13 Apr 2011 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Lotofwind I think we should test out Flatrock the weekend after easter.
Stjepan is that too far north for a weekend for you?
If I here any whispers that Lotofwind has snuck down to the big smoke in the meantime for a BC&S wax, the weekend is OFF!.

taxi
QLD, 416 posts
13 Apr 2011 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

lotofwind said...

^^^^^^
Hope you two have a nice bromanceLOL

Hey Mike,
Im in,when are you planning this for??
Flatrock near lennox has good camping, waves, wind options, drinking options

but with the westerlies about to get more predominent,SWR's might be better for wind??

5 day weekend comming up for Easter
remember last easter at spot X 4 days,20+knots,6 foot waves......could hardly walk by day 4

Like!

ezza
NSW, 561 posts
13 Apr 2011 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

andos said...

Hi Stjepan,
What is Lighthouse Beach like, towards the north end in a NE?. It would be good to have X-off options in both directions. I think RaceC could be OK.
Mike

The northern end of Lighthouse Beach is not so great in a NE because of the headland. It's very gusty. Though Stevo seems to like it!

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
16 Apr 2011 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

i think he is talking bout south west rocks lighthouse...but i still think hat head/crescent head would make a good spot for a yearly kite jam....

andos
NSW, 68 posts
17 Apr 2011 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

I was asking about smokey cape lighthouse north end.
Stjepan, I reckon that Hat Head/Crescent would be sensational area for a kite/surf/sail/fishing/camping weekend.
Hat Head is probably the pick with a quicker drive to the jail if there is any westerly. Is there anywhere else in the area besides SWR that's good in SthWesterly? Please don't mention any guarded local secrets btw, just a "yes" or "no" will do.

Lotofwind has told me that he loves backdooring. Well watching him kite today, he made it quite clear that he is not talking about waves. Bags not getting too local when he's pitching his tent at Hat Head.

lotofwind
NSW, 6451 posts
17 Apr 2011 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^
At least I havent named my boards like you have with your pole dancing boards.
The Queen Mary and the George Michael(Im never gunna dance again)

Dont worry andos,I wont be going to Hat Head.
At the moment there is only the two of you,,I dont want to be a third wheel and get in the way.Good luck,,hope you find romance

Probly should stop joking like this,,If Stjepan dosent know you already,he might be getting a bit worried.

A few fun waves today hey.
I would have pulled into that one but there was someone in the way,,,,,honest,,,,,really,,,,,,,,

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
19 Apr 2011 1:14AM
Thumbs Up

yes.........but its a little gusty sum times .ffft . yeah hat head is family friendy.

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
28 Apr 2011 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

not many people keen? but who cares we should set a date and location , my vote is hat head...june july ???

bjw
QLD, 3619 posts
28 Apr 2011 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Count me in if it's good.
But are there going to be windsurfers there?
That might change things

stjepan
NSW, 124 posts
3 May 2011 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

duno if ther will be any windsurfers and the weather is the one to ask if its going to be any good , sandboarding 4 me if there is no wind

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
3 May 2011 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

bjw said...

Count me in if it's good.
But are there going to be windsurfers there?
That might change things

i'd only be worried if there wasn't going to be beer there.....

i thought you knew everything about handling a pole BJ

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite/Sail/Surf midnorth coast weekend" started by andos