Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kiter snake bite

Created by S Carver > 9 months ago, 5 Mar 2008
S  Carver
QLD, 42 posts
5 Mar 2008 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Just heard on News flash that a kiter was bitten by a snake at Peregian.
Anyone have any more info or know if he is alright.

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
6 Mar 2008 12:58AM
Thumbs Up

was in the local paper

apparently got a legful of brown snake venom, luckily decided not to go for a kite

a while later he was getting pumped full of antivenom at the hospital and came close to heart failure etc, as most brown snake bites do

unlucky bugger was heading out for a session too, not coming in.

S  Carver
QLD, 42 posts
7 Mar 2008 12:54AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the link to the paper. The photo looks like it is taken at Lake Weyba.
Do these snakes habit the dunes at Peregian Beach or around the Lake?

bigmark100
NSW, 584 posts
7 Mar 2008 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

its funny.... only a kiter would seriously still consider going out for a session after being bitten by a snake. nothing should get in the way of a session.
I can so relate to that.

Kalavas
WA, 146 posts
7 Mar 2008 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

bigmark100 said...

its funny.... only a kiter would seriously still consider going out for a session after being bitten by a snake. nothing should get in the way of a session.
I can so relate to that.

Yeah, I saw that and thought, "He's one of Us, alright."

INfiniDIE
WA, 478 posts
7 Mar 2008 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

I think its the same with all people interested in kiteing or similar sports.

Point in question, I recently stacked it off my Freebord (bought from SOS, shouldve been a kite) and smacked my noggin on the road. Just thought it was a concussion or a headache and went for another ride or two, then went home feeling dizzy and went to bed after a few hours. Woke up and got shipped off to hospital with a blood clot on my occipital lobe.

graceful
WA, 773 posts
7 Mar 2008 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

dam,thats heavy infinidie,u all good now tho i take it???

graceful
WA, 773 posts
7 Mar 2008 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

and wat are those freeboards like???they look pretty mean

surfingboyo
QLD, 318 posts
8 Mar 2008 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

a few weeks ago i was hiding my pump in the dunes at Glennos, Glen Eden, and saw the fattest brown snake. i was about 2 steps away from stepping on the thing. i just turned and bolted

D Man
QLD, 6 posts
8 Mar 2008 1:53AM
Thumbs Up

Snakes must be just wanting to get into the action lately. I was down at Blacks Beach (Mackay) a few weeks ago. It was some really crapy weather (for fishing or painting your house or something gay like that...) so the wind was blowin and rain was fallin. i raced to the beach to see this beautiful sight to confirm it twas whad id think... any way in all the excitement i ran back to da car and low an behold where i is gonna step next there be an anaconda the size of ayres rock.. that's right ayres rock.. not that other name. andy way it wasn't that big but i dont know who shiv more me or him because i wouldnt like me landing on me with the next step at full speed. you could have absailed off the goose bumps on my neck after seeing that puppy....

yep that's it..... but i saw one so i thought you should all know....

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kiter snake bite" started by S Carver