Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitestock 2015 tickets on sale!!

Created by WAKSA > 9 months ago, 28 Nov 2014
WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
28 Nov 2014 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Kitestock 2015 tickets are on sale!!!

For the next two weeks those who attended Kitestock 2014 can purchase discounted tickets (25% off the full price!!). We'd also like to extend this invitation to all previous WAKSA committee members as a thank you to their efforts and to celebrate Kitestock turning 10!

Everyone else has until the end of December to purchase Early, Early Bird tickets, which are still great value! Your ticket includes; most meals (yummy, healthy food!!), entry into events, t-shirt, transport from the beach to accommodation and then the after party and great times!!

Spread the word, there's going to be plenty to do (even if there's no wind) for all levels of kiting ability, with safety clinics, beginning/intermediate clinics and the usual wave, freestyle, course racing, big air and epic downwinder for the pros! We haven't forgotten about the kids and there will be plenty of beach activities. Did we mention the party?? With our theme of superheroes everybody should be rocking capes and jocks on the outside so we can make the party at Kitestock 2015 one for the ages!!

To register jump on the WAKSA website;

http://www.waksa.org.au/kitesurfing-events/kitestock

To stay up to date with all Kitestock announcements check out the Kitestock website and "Like" the Kitestock FB page.

www.kitestock.com

Hope to see you all there!

The WAKSA Crew

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
28 Nov 2014 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Great job guys!
Always a fun event.

Hammie
WA, 13 posts
3 Dec 2014 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

So stoked for this event! I went for the first time last year and had a wicked time! It's what a kite event should be, such a great way to meet up with fellow kiters! Organising a day or two off work now!

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
7 Dec 2014 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

One week to go for Kitestock 2014 attendees to purchase their discounted Kitestock 2015 tickets!!

10th anniversary, how could you say no!!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Dec 2014 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

cmon and say hi , gets pretty lonely here as you can see

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
8 Dec 2014 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Shouting the beers for your new mates as well Cauncy?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Dec 2014 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MDSXR6T said..
Shouting the beers for your new mates as well Cauncy?

always happy to share a cold one with wind lovers,love it when you guys come to our spot, makes me realise how blessed I am kiting on my jack or with the few locals, stunning wind this week

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
9 Dec 2014 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

I have to ask though, was there any consideration on a location change?
I remember after last year, there was a big thread here, and the consensus was the event would benefit with a change of location...

Sauce
WA, 203 posts
9 Dec 2014 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

From what I understand, the location has been a major consideration for several years
Locations all the way up the coast have been considered from Perth, Lancelin, Jurien etc etc. Dongara is logistically better for the event. Accommodation is easiest to organise in Dongara and there are plenty of options. There's a pub, shops, several beaches and the surf club to base from.

The Local Shire are also super keen to have it and are pretty mellow when it comes to approvals etc.

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
10 Dec 2014 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Good question re. location for Kitestock. The WAKSA response mirrors the one from Sauce. Logistically it is the easiest and the Shire does contribute greatly to the event and are very keen to have us back. While not the most perfect location for all of the different kiting disciplines it does cater for all of them.

We'd really like to see the up and comers (as well as the pros of course!) in the different disciplines come to Kitestock in 2015 and get a taste of competitive kiting in a relaxed atmosphere which will hopefully lead onto them participating in the state and national championships.

We certainly haven't forgotten about the beginners and truly believe this event is just as much for them (if not more!!). From safety clinics, jumping clinics, short downwinders with a bus so no walk of shame this is an event for ALL kiters. It's also a great way to meet other like minded people and increase your kiting crew.

Get a crew together and grab some tickets as a Christmas present!!

Weta
WA, 893 posts
10 Dec 2014 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Cauncy any chance you could clean up the beach before we arrive??

I hate running out my lines on weedy beaches

IMHO Dongara is a great location, it's a nice spot on the WA coast.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
10 Dec 2014 11:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Weta said...

Love foiling ,foilers

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
11 Dec 2014 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

I would love to go to this more for the social factor and demo gear, etc.

but...

"ALL KITERS MUST PRESENT THEIR WAKSA (KA) TAGS OR MEMBERSHIP CARD AT THE REGISTRATION DESK AT KITESTOCK! NO TAG OR CARD = NO KITESTOCK!"

So for interstate travelers wanting to attend, we have to be WAKSA members? What if you're a KSA member from another state? I am not, but if I have to show some form of KSA membership, could it be QLD?

And how are kids catered for, or not at all?

My wife and I would love to go to this. Just a few factors that could stop us. Kids and membership to WAKSA when I don't even live in WA.

Cheers

Sauce
WA, 203 posts
11 Dec 2014 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gkawo said..

but...

"ALL KITERS MUST PRESENT THEIR WAKSA (KA) TAGS OR MEMBERSHIP CARD AT THE REGISTRATION DESK AT KITESTOCK! NO TAG OR CARD = NO KITESTOCK!"

So for interstate travelers wanting to attend, we have to be WAKSA members? What if you're a KSA member from another state? I am not, but if I have to show some form of KSA membership, could it be QLD?

My wife and I would love to go to this. Just a few factors that could stop us. Kids and membership to WAKSA when I don't even live in WA.

Cheers

If you are a member of KA (AKSA), through another state association. I am pretty sure you are covered.
Might want to email the kitestock website.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
11 Dec 2014 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gkawo said..

but...

Cheers

if you are a ka member which you will be if you are a member of your state association then you are covered

as for kids well there is a sandcastle building comp . we try to cater for non-kiters but it is hard to cover everything . The wife and kids can hang out on dongara or drive the 80 odd kms to geraldton .

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
12 Dec 2014 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said..

gkawo said..

but...

Cheers

if you are a ka member which you will be if you are a member of your state association then you are covered

as for kids well there is a sandcastle building comp . we try to cater for non-kiters but it is hard to cover everything . The wife and kids can hang out on dongara or drive the 80 odd kms to geraldton .

Thank you

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
13 Dec 2014 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Gkawo,

We'd love a few more interstate people to come over, we do have a few regulars come from interstate and are considering a small bus from Perth to Dongara which would be a fraction of the cost of a hire car if a few interstaters were keen??

As for the kids we're in negotiations with the local Shire about having some more kids activities and things for non-kiters (eg partners of kiters). We're still waiting to hear back on a few things but know that we are definitely trying to arrange this sort of thing to ensure we've got something for everyone, not just kiters!!

The WAKSA Crew

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
13 Dec 2014 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Weta said..

Local council have been brilliant with beach clean up duties for Kitestock the past few years. Only problem is that, at times, it can bulk up with kelp overnight. Not usual though - if its cleaned for Kitestock it generally stays clean.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Dec 2014 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

The shire will get the grader on the beach just for you guys, the winds been nuking here, massively overpowered on my 8 for a few days, Midwest wa living up to its reputation, we've spectacular kiting terrain downwinders,I've been doing some rece,s of a few spots out with a mate , great waves for miles with flat water inside

So don't just stick to south beach , kite north from there with a few mates and get the missus to meet you at 7mile or flat rocks with an icy cold beer

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
8 Jan 2015 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

bump .

Going to be a great event for the 10th anniversary so get behind the event . There has been alot of work by volunteers to get this event off the ground each year .

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
8 Jan 2015 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Following Cauncy's suggestion of a DW from South Beach to 7 Mile Beach, what are the chances this could be included as a new event for KS2015 please?

Keen as mustard to do the 35km "EPIC" DW (again) - an always popular event each year - if there were two DW's KS would be even better!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitestock 2015 tickets on sale!!" started by WAKSA