Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesurfing Airlie Beach

Created by danielo > 9 months ago, 6 Sep 2011
danielo
VIC, 20 posts
6 Sep 2011 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,

Just moved to Airlie Beach and was wondering if anyone kites up here?? Tried Conway Beach the other day, but was scared to buggery about crocs.

BennyB12
QLD, 918 posts
6 Sep 2011 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Dont be scared of conway, its o.k. High tide though, too far to walk otherwise.
Go find the boys at airlie sails, they all kite and will do a stellar job of fixing your kite when you fark it..
Best spot i reckon is the don river up the rd in bowen, butter flat and steady at mid tide then fills in with little ramps at high. Forget low, mud pit... If you think conway feels bitey then after you kite the don youll feel much better about it...
If you back track through this forum you will find a bunch of info about the area including island kiting... Its fickle and mostly adventure kiting but pays off with turquoise water and cheering sweedish backpackers thhrowing their panties at you if you time it right with a dash of luck...
One more thing about the bitey bit... You have got to get passed it or its no fun at all.... Wear a stinger suit and dont stack near any logs... If your still wussin then hit the pubs and hang by the lagoon, both scenarios have their benefits[}:)]
Have fun....

Skid
QLD, 1499 posts
6 Sep 2011 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

Lagoon = white pointers

Kazza11
QLD, 4 posts
12 Sep 2011 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate, the boys at airle sails have all given up kiting. I am at conway every weekend drop me a pm and hook up if you like. Conway high tide is a short walk but low tide is awesome smoooth water.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesurfing Airlie Beach" started by danielo