Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesurfing in La Reunion?

Created by TomW > 9 months ago, 12 Nov 2012
TomW
SA, 63 posts
12 Nov 2012 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

Me and the missus are thinking of taking a holiday on La Reunion. Have had a quick looks and it certainly seems that they have a bit of kitesurfing available.

Does anyone have any experiences from kite surfing there? I wouldn't bother taking all my kite so can it be hired? Any schools or people you would recommend to hire from?

Cheers

Tom

TomW
SA, 63 posts
14 Nov 2012 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Bump!

Really, no one has been? I'm surprised. I thought people on these forums had basically kited everywhere!!

swamp fox
NSW, 11 posts
15 Nov 2012 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hi TOM
In August 12 we went to La Reunion after kitesurfing holiday in Mauritius . La reunion has only a 2 or 3 small lagoons which are the leeward side of the island , nearly all of the coast of Reunion is rocky with deep ocean dropoff , also Reunion has a very Sharky history a surfer was attacked a week before we arrived . It is not a very good destination for kitesurfing compared to Mauritius and you have travel through Mauritius to fly to Reunion. WE spent 5 nights in Reunion which was about 2 days toooooooo long. Unless you want to brush up your French stay in Mauritius it very kitesurfing friendly with many very large lagoons e.g. Le Morne which has a surf break .
Stephen

TomW
SA, 63 posts
18 Nov 2012 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reply.

We aren't really going for a kite surfing holiday. More that I want to do a bit of kite surfing while I'm there :-)

French won't be a problem since my girlfriend is French and I speak a little. Can you recommend the best spot since I'll probably only have a session or two.

Cheers

Tom

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesurfing in La Reunion?" started by TomW