Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesurfing photos Nov 2015 - April 2016

Created by TrueSpirit > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2015
TrueSpirit
151 posts
30 Oct 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone. This is my 5th year of photographing Kitesurfing along the beaches of Perth. As with the last few years, I will be attempting to get down to a beach at least once a week to take a few photos & then place them into this Gallery ( attached Link ). As always, the fresh new photos will be in the beginning of the Gallery. I will be making a serious attempt to get to a few more spots this year besides Brighton, which is always easy for me to get to after work. Thank you for allowing me to take these pics & I will hopefully stay out of the road & let you guys enjoy yourselves. My website is www.truespiritphotos.com & Kitesurfing is under the "Watersports" section. Here is the Link to the open Gallery. Please drop in any time to see the latest photos. Regards, Gordon. Link www.truespiritphotos.com/Watersports/Kitesurfing-November-2015-Apri

Ryland
WA, 1222 posts
31 Oct 2015 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

nice sharp pics mate! this one here is the first kiting handplant I've seen! yew!

SUPSurferQLD
QLD, 317 posts
31 Oct 2015 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

looking at these photos just makes me want to get out there and get inverted!!!!

noahsky
NSW, 29 posts
1 Nov 2015 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Has he got TT straps on his board?? Now you are talking. I guess if you can find the sweet spot re arrangement of bindings it's the go. the only thing I don't like about kiting strap less is the limited jumping when you are not good enough.
awsome handplant and no bitumen to hit !

pgc
VIC, 886 posts
1 Nov 2015 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

whats sure kit??? canon? lense?

TrueSpirit
151 posts
1 Nov 2015 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the comments. "pgc", I use Nikon gear, but most of these photos are shot with a new Sigma lens that I've purchased just for Kitesurfing. Its a bit soft at the reach of 600mm, but its allowing me to shoot a bit more sideways down the beach. Camera is a D3s & lenses are Nikon 24 - 70 f2.8 & Sigma 160 - 600mm F5.6.

Nak.Kiter
WA, 16 posts
1 Nov 2015 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome! Thanks! great pics

WillyO
QLD, 263 posts
2 Nov 2015 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
noahsky said..
Has he got TT straps on his board?? Now you are talking. I guess if you can find the sweet spot re arrangement of bindings it's the go. the only thing I don't like about kiting strap less is the limited jumping when you are not good enough.

Most brands have strapped 'surfboards' so you'll have plenty of options to choose from.

Peahi
VIC, 1473 posts
2 Nov 2015 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WillyO said..

noahsky said..

Most brands have strapped 'surfboards' so you'll have plenty of options to choose from.

with TT straps though you want to be pretty good at going toeside, having surfboard straps at least gives you the option of switching feet and giving your legs a break

Cameron1
WA, 6 posts
3 Nov 2015 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Re the foot strap question- its a Gaastra wave kiteboard strap up front, and an old windsurfer (mistral race) strap on the back foot. The windsurfer straps aren't as adjustable so they hold firmer (don't slip) and being smaller you can swivel in them easier (Backfoot). The wider kiteboard/surf straps are softer on the front foot. n

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesurfing photos Nov 2015 - April 2016" started by TrueSpirit