Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kiting from Wheatstone, Onslow

Created by djw0911 > 9 months ago, 6 Oct 2014
djw0911
WA, 1 posts
6 Oct 2014 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

I'm working up in Onslow on the Wheatstone Project and looking for some other people to go kiting with... Went to Exmouth yesterday on the RDO and had a sick session. Now the seabreeze is kicking in a lot better and a bit more light in the evenings I'm looking to potentially get out after work and make a habit of it! Not sure on what spots are around that you are actually allowed to go out at, but I'm sure there'll be a way to make it work (all the onslow salt flats look sick for freestyle, though would probably have to be a bit careful there).
Anyway, has anyone been kiting around here and got any tips for good flatwater spots?
Is there anyone else out there on this project that fancies bringing some gear up and going for it?

Cheers,
Dave

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
7 Oct 2014 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Ill be heading up to karratha to visit a friend soon .Im always keen to check out new kite spots.I will pop into onslow for a sesh on the way up!.Looks like heaps of 4x4 tracks around and down near the old onslow town .There is bound to be a flat water .I can see on google earth a little island and river inlet that maybe kite able !.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kiting from Wheatstone, Onslow" started by djw0911