Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kiting near Kangaroo Valley NSW ?

Created by par > 9 months ago, 6 Dec 2007
par
NSW, 44 posts
6 Dec 2007 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a noob in Sydney. I'm going to be in Kangaroo Valley for the second week of January and hoping to get out kiting every day that there's wind.

I read an earlier thread that Seven Mile beach is not the go, particularly for noobs. It seems like it should be possible to find a cross-shore spot in Jervis Bay in just about any wind, but I've never noticed anyone kiting there. I'd be grateful for any hints on good and bad spots there. I'd also be keen to find out about other good spots --- Culburra, St George's Basin?

Thanks

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
7 Dec 2007 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

DR Surf is your man

danza
NSW, 383 posts
7 Dec 2007 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

We will be down there over xmas , Seven mile beach is fine the NE kicks in about 10.00am and builds as the day goes on and gets well over 30knots on most days.

Most of us use 9mtr kites and 7mtr kites, no need for anything bigger.If your going to kite it dont kite anywhere near the Gerroa end as its gusty as hell and dangerous, done it once and will never do it again and its cross off shore as well.
There are plenty of entrances further down all the way to Shoalhaven Heads that you can stop at and kite.Real friendly locals kite at the surf club at Shoalhaven heads as well.

As for Jervis Bay and Seven Mile Beach probably have the strongest and most consistant Ne winds I have kited within a two hour drive from Sydney.You can go to Collingwood beach at Husskinson, or kite a Callala Beach down past Myola in a NE.
We will be doing plenty of downwinders at Seven Mile beach and kiting Green Island as well.As for Culburra you can kite that in a Ne and there is a flat water lake behind the main beach and you can also do a downwinder from Culburra to Currarong , this also works in a Ne.If we get a Nw go to long beach in JB.

With JB you can kite any wind direction within a 10 minute drive.
Pm me if you want hook up as there are plenty of us down there that will be kiting.
Kite sizes are a 12 mtr and 9 mtr kite for JB and Seven Mile.
Lets hope the wind gods are kind to us over the xmas break.

par
NSW, 44 posts
9 Dec 2007 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Danza, thanks for the very useful info. I will PM you before we head down to see if you're going to be around.

- Paul

danza
NSW, 383 posts
9 Dec 2007 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Game on Par , just got back from the heads , did a downwinder we were all on 9mtr kites and the waves were big.

See you soon.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kiting near Kangaroo Valley NSW ?" started by par