Forums > Kitesurfing General

L2L ballot system? Please explain

Created by dave...... > 9 months ago, 3 Dec 2015
dave......
WA, 2119 posts
3 Dec 2015 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

Is it a random selection drawn out of a hat as is promoted, or does your profile matter?

So many riders, seem to get the lucky draw year after year. There's no bias??????

This is why so many crew cant be bothered joining your gang.

transparancy, please explain.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
4 Dec 2015 6:57AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds a bit like those corrupted secrets judges judging are at it again...

iti
QLD, 417 posts
4 Dec 2015 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Yep

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
4 Dec 2015 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Seabreeze must do your head in a lot, ay?

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
4 Dec 2015 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

You sound bitter Ddddddave...

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
4 Dec 2015 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dave...... said..
Is it a random selection drawn out of a hat as is promoted, or does your profile matter?

So many riders, seem to get the lucky draw year after year. There's no bias??????

the ballot is done at Kite addiction , have you actually bothered to go to one of the draws dave ?

If you had you would realise the draw is done infront of everyone , by a different person each year

Bletti
WA, 163 posts
4 Dec 2015 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

I got in without knowing anyone

MrFreeze
289 posts
4 Dec 2015 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dave...... said..

Hmmmmm, I'm going to take a wild guess. You didn't make the cut?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
4 Dec 2015 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said...
dave...... said..

the ballot is done at Kite addiction , have you actually bothered to go to one of the draws dave ?

If you had you would realise the draw is done infront of everyone , by a different person each year

Pretty sure the bridge clan don't make the 24hr trip on the whim that they'll get pulled out of the hat at dans place whilst choking down a sausage sizzle

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
4 Dec 2015 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said...
dave...... said..

So is the euro lottery, never won a cent

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
4 Dec 2015 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

I like where this is going.

Mark _australia
WA, 22468 posts
4 Dec 2015 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

I have never got in either

But I do feel like a winner just by coming to this forum now and then.

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
4 Dec 2015 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MrFreeze said..

Nah mate, actually I only kite in waves or flat-water, my 43 year old knees cant take anything else.
Im just interested as a lot of the older guys I started kiting with get in year after year, Jonno, Dale etc. Those guys are really into their racing and it would be a shame for those guys to miss out considering thats what gets their thrills and they have a good chance of winning it.

I like the way there's a ballot system, yet having 15 places for the PKR guys, 10 places for international invitees might make it a very exciting race with records broken year after year. I love the whole concept and have been down at the finish line 3 years running.

No cauncy I havent been to the draws hence please explain, I dont do comps. Too time poor with 3 daughters.

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
5 Dec 2015 1:47AM
Thumbs Up

So how many enter the draw and how many places are there. I don't really care as im in Victoria but just want to know the odds.

Bletti
WA, 163 posts
5 Dec 2015 5:10AM
Thumbs Up

Something like 300 for ~100 spots

coreyb
WA, 463 posts
5 Dec 2015 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

I could be wrong, but I thought the top so many places automatically get a spot for the next years race and the ballot is for the rest.

SugarQube
WA, 490 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Top ten get a place in next years race, so those guys are not making the effort for nothing, if you dont make the draw, theres always some tickets for a charity you can bid for, so all pretty open considering the profile of the event

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^thanks qube. Makes sense!

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Going to be a funny race.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

This years race will be know as the L2B (Lighthouse to Bradbury).

MrFreeze
289 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dave...... said..

MrFreeze said..

Nah mate, actually I only kite in waves or flat-water, my 43 year old knees cant take anything else.
Im just interested as a lot of the older guys I started kiting with get in year after year, Jonno, Dale etc. Those guys are really into their racing and it would be a shame for those guys to miss out considering thats what gets their thrills and they have a good chance of winning it.

I like the way there's a ballot system, yet having 15 places for the PKR guys, 10 places for international invitees might make it a very exciting race with records broken year after year. I love the whole concept and have been down at the finish line 3 years running.

No cauncy I havent been to the draws hence please explain, I dont do comps. Too time poor with 3 daughters.

Hmmmmm, look after those knees fella. Anti-inflammatory tablets are you friend. 3 daughters ah, keep that shotgun clean and the shells dry and near by.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"L2L ballot system? Please explain" started by dave......