Forums > Kitesurfing General

LF bar 2013/ Trimmer and stopper

Created by elVC > 9 months ago, 6 Sep 2017
elVC
VIC, 22 posts
6 Sep 2017 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,
I am having a bit of problem with my bar (liquid force 2013).

my trimmer rope (aka 'depower' - arrow 1) is not running smoothly through the stopper (arrow 2) when pulled. Actually, sometimes, it does not run at all and gets stuck. I got this bar second hand so I want to know if someone else had the same problem and whether a bit of lubrication would make the trick.
thanks!

FOT
WA, 101 posts
6 Sep 2017 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Common problem for below bar cleat setups... had same issue on an early bws.

Haven't solved it.. sorry

elVC
VIC, 22 posts
7 Sep 2017 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for replying, bro. - it's good to know I am not alone haha

but...I am sure someone out there must have fixed it!

KiteBud
WA, 1542 posts
7 Sep 2017 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hi JuanPablo

As FOT said, this is a problem with ALL below the bar trim systems. On above the bar trim systems the trim goes through a pulley system which give you a mechanical advantage, effectively requiring half the effort to operate.

the only suggestion I have is to take the load off your front lines by pushing the bar as far away as you can. This will give your front lines a bit of slack and allow you to trim much easier. If you're trying to trim with the bar pulled in and in strong winds it will be very hard.

In very strong winds you might even have to put the kite at the edge of window, let go of the bar and trim.

Christian

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
7 Sep 2017 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

all true above. Id suggest that unless airstyle is your thing, where you want to slide it down to do big hangy deadmans and stuff or you have very short arms and need the bar to stay super close, just due away with it.

Youngbreezy
WA, 1005 posts
7 Sep 2017 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Can you just pull the sliding stopper down, trim the bar then push it back? The sliding stopper isn't supposed to let rope slide through otherwise it wouldn't work as a stopper? Personally I would take it off completely as Adam said it's only really useful for airstyle

elVC
VIC, 22 posts
8 Sep 2017 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks a lot guys for replying. Yes, I think that removing the stopper is the way to go!Thanks again!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"LF bar 2013/ Trimmer and stopper" started by elVC