1357 posts
12 Aug 2016 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..

Surfer62 said..

Great place to kite and hangout

Hey Surfer,
Been 3 years now and still haven't seen you jump that boat on the left.

had your misses in the water taken pic, but nah, none of you jumping the boat. Must be the Bintang talking

Love the way you can spot a camera taking photos, your like a seagull looking for a chip. Once you see one your there in a flash.

Like this ?

ChrisNT
QLD, 11 posts
12 Aug 2016 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Was that photo taken just after you nearly drowned her with your spray! Good to meet you guys, if only for a short time. Maybe do a few more turns next year.

Surfer62
1357 posts
13 Aug 2016 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..

Surfer62 said..

Great place to kite and hangout

Hey Surfer,
Been 3 years now and still haven't seen you jump that boat on the left.

had your misses in the water taken pic, but nah, none of you jumping the boat. Must be the Bintang talking

Love the way you can spot a camera taking photos, your like a seagull looking for a chip. Once you see one your there in a flash.

HAAK the poser, ya big seagull

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
13 Aug 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Good to see the banter is still ongoing.

Had a great time with you guys this year as usual. Wind not so good though.

Bomber is is still there and having a fat time I think with some stormy winds. He even got out on the 14 ! Don't see that often.
Its aways a great sight watching him looping down the line carving up waves on a 19 m edge
I smile every time when you see the big kite strain and shudder under pressure while Bomber smoothly carves it up.

If if anyone new is wanting to check out Sanur kiting , think big boards and big kites. HAAK has his won Bali quiver and I doubt it sees the light of day for the rest of the year!
Foil boards have found their way to Sanur if anyone is interested and it's a good place to learn with a massive lagoon.

Putus warung is a great place to hang and do nothing If there is nothing on. Great local people .

Look look forward to next year

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
13 Aug 2016 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eddiemorgs said..
Good to see the banter is still ongoing.

Had a great time with you guys this year as usual. Wind not so good though.

Bomber is is still there and having a fat time I think with some stormy winds. He even got out on the 14 ! Don't see that often.
Its aways a great sight watching him looping down the line carving up waves on a 19 m edge
I smile every time when you see the big kite strain and shudder under pressure while Bomber smoothly carves it up.

If if anyone new is wanting to check out Sanur kiting , think big boards and big kites. HAAK has his won Bali quiver and I doubt it sees the light of day for the rest of the year!
Foil boards have found their way to Sanur if anyone is interested and it's a good place to learn with a massive lagoon.

Putus warung is a great place to hang and do nothing If there is nothing on. Great local people .

Look look forward to next year

... yep, made them old 19m shudder again for a few hours today! Storms have gone but the wind stayed,,,, yay,,, nice and consistent too! Last few days have been great with plenty enough wind but waves a bit smaller than other years. Mind you, if your willing to hunt around up and down Sanur you can find the odd head to above head high wave.

On a sad note, there was a kitemare today. Lady (wife of dude with fancy restaurant, sorry I've forgotten their names for now) had just launched her kite and as it went up, she tripped forward and fell over but got dragged along and her bar or rather, her steering line caught on one of the lounge chairs. From my vantage point I don't see her dragging but the kites movement looked wrong so I jumped up to see or help and as I run over, its at this point where the line catches and the kite looped. I yelled out punch out but before I could get to her, up and over she went, taking the lounge chair too. Poor thing got flung up about 2m up and 10m along, landing just in front of a very gnarly tree stump turned seat, and luckily onto fairly soft sand, with the kite crash landing in the trees behind the Warung near the cranky old ladies lane. I just managed to get to her and grabbed the safety and lines so the kite didn't take off again. Heaps of people around so they all jumped in to administered first aid ect. while I helped untangle and get the kite out of the tree so it didn't cause any more problems. She lay on the ground for an hour or so while they organised a car and doctor. She eventually got up and they helped her, very slowly, go to the hospital. I'm not sure how she is now or even what damage was done to her so I guess we'll find out soon enough. It all happened so quick so not sure if she even had time to try and punch out or if she even tried.

Robbie

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
13 Aug 2016 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Like this ?

LOL, no where near it you flogg.????????

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
13 Aug 2016 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

HAAK the poser, ya big seagull

Faaaaaaaark, forgot about that one. LOL.
But i didnt go looking for the camera.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
13 Aug 2016 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

On a sad note, there was a kitemare today. Lady (wife of dude with fancy restaurant, sorry I've forgotten their names for now) had just launched her kite and as it went up, she tripped forward and fell over but got dragged along and her bar or rather, her steering line caught on one of the lounge chairs. From my vantage point I don't see her dragging but the kites movement looked wrong so I jumped up to see or help and as I run over, its at this point where the line catches and the kite looped. I yelled out punch out but before I could get to her, up and over she went, taking the lounge chair too. Poor thing got flung up about 2m up and 10m along, landing just in front of a very gnarly tree stump turned seat, and luckily onto fairly soft sand, with the kite crash landing in the trees behind the Warung near the cranky old ladies lane. I just managed to get to her and grabbed the safety and lines so the kite didn't take off again. Heaps of people around so they all jumped in to administered first aid ect. while I helped untangle and get the kite out of the tree so it didn't cause any more problems. She lay on the ground for an hour or so while they organised a car and doctor. She eventually got up and they helped her, very slowly, go to the hospital. I'm not sure how she is now or even what damage was done to her so I guess we'll find out soon enough. It all happened so quick so not sure if she even had time to try and punch out or if she even tried.

Robbie

Sorry to hear about the kite mare. Shouldn't assume anything but it sounds like Begus wife.

Hope she is alright!!!!!!

One of the highlights this year was a couple meals we had at Bagus restaurant. First class!!!!!

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
13 Aug 2016 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..

Robbie

Sorry to hear about the kite mare. Shouldn't assume anything but it sounds like Begus wife.

Hope she is alright!!!!!!

One of the highlights this year was a couple meals we had at Bagus restaurant. First class!!!!!

... pretty sure it was Begus's wife, nice lady,,,, wasn't very nice at all to see I can tell you! I'll try find out more tomorrow how she's going.

The kite was right in the tree branches too, right up the top, one of the boys climbed up and carefully took the lines off, then deflated it, bunched it up then climbed down with it, no damage by the looks of it, amazing if you could have seen where it was.

Robbie

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
14 Aug 2016 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Robbie, you still going to be there next week?

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
14 Aug 2016 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafish said..
Hey Robbie, you still going to be there next week?

... nah, just finishing my 2 week tour of duty, heading home today . Seems like there's still plenty of wind again today, good luck everyone!.

Robbie

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
14 Aug 2016 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Bummer...was hoping to meet you and buy you a beer....Next year. If I like it we might make it a yearly thing.

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
14 Aug 2016 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafish said...
Bummer...was hoping to meet you and buy you a beer....Next year. If I like it we might make it a yearly thing.

... Definitely, hope so! Bali Bagus kiteschool, or better known as Putu's is really chilled out spot, with cold beer and heaps of food warungs around, no real need to go any where else, the locals will have you laughing all day with their antics and you might even get in a kite or 2!

Cheers, Robbie!

Ps had a bit of a laugh this morning, paid my bintang bill, 91!!!! Oops! Gunna go home to detox!!

eppo
WA, 9499 posts
14 Aug 2016 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh Right robbie go back to Darwin to detox!!

Great to hear you guys got some wind waves and Sun.

Surfer62
1357 posts
14 Aug 2016 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hope bagus's wife is ok , good work robbie

Did egar get out on the wainman ?

Is the edge still alive for Kombong ? Crazy farker

Hope they're both still smiling

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
14 Aug 2016 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

Bit of an update Surfer62 - whoever you are ??? I know you will have to kill me if I used your real name ...which I don't know by the way

Had a great kiTe today on my way back through Sanur to Darwin . 12 and sb . Few beers with old mate from Vietnam and a good yack, chat that is .

Didn't see Egga on the Wainman - she might be a bit scared of the number - will see how she goes . But she was on a 9 today . She is very careful as you guys know .

Spoke to Putu about Bagus wife . It's a sounds like she has damaged something in her shoulder blade ...I was a little concerned it was a back injury ....you never know here , but Putu thinks that is what it is , so hoping she will be ok .

Apparently she did not know much about punching out - so message to all about using the punch out occasionally for practice .

Bombers tally is still on the board - it's a World Record ! Gold , Gold , Gold ! Nice work mate! Love your talent .

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
14 Aug 2016 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisNT said..
Was that photo taken just after you nearly drowned her with your spray! Good to meet you guys, if only for a short time. Maybe do a few more turns next year.

Like wise Chris.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
14 Aug 2016 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eddiemorgs said..
Bit of an update Surfer62 - whoever you are ??? I know you will have to kill me if I used your real name ...which I don't know by the way

Bombers tally is still on the board - it's a World Record ! Gold , Gold , Gold ! Nice work mate! Love your talent .

Hey Eddie, i know his name and I will revile it for a dollar.
2 dollars to shut up surfer

Good to hear you have maintained your average Robbie.

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
15 Aug 2016 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said...

Hey Eddie, i know his name and I will revile it for a dollar.
2 dollars to shut up surfer

Good to hear you have maintained your average Robbie.

... it's Michael's Dad!!! Do I get the dollar???

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..
Hope bagus's wife is ok , good work robbie

Did egar get out on the wainman ?

Is the edge still alive for Kombong ? Crazy farker

Hope they're both still smiling

... Eggar hasn't used the 15 yet as it's been windy since you've gone! She was either lit on 12, or lit on 9m and at one stage, had to ride home quickly to get a 6m!!!! I did see her walking around with 15, hugging it!

Kombong "the crazy farker" and I took off for an early morning session, just the 2 of us, me on 19m and him on 11m. Woohoo, its windy so I changed down to 14m and after an hour the wind suddenly stopped with me at Oka and Kombong around the corner who was showing off to his friends at the Hyatt hotel. The poor 11 fell, landing on rocks so got yet another hole in the canopy. I just made it to Rip Curl,,,,, both of us having to walk back. 11m will be up and running 24 hours later as you know!!

Teehee, hey Eddie, apparently my world record attempt was touch and go from last years attempt. When I sheepishly paid Putu, she reckons we did just as many last year only double for the 2 of us ,,,,,,, so size of the competitor isn't a factor as it seems.

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Yeh Right robbie go back to Darwin to detox!!

Great to hear you guys got some wind waves and Sun.

... ummm, yeah,,,,,,detox failed already,,,,,, got off the plane, got home and what's the first thing I do?????? Apart from 3 days in the middle, every other day we had wind with some of it, plenty of wind.

Robbie

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
15 Aug 2016 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eddiemorgs said..

Spoke to Putu about Bagus wife . It's a sounds like she has damaged something in her shoulder blade ...I was a little concerned it was a back injury ....you never know here , but Putu thinks that is what it is , so hoping she will be ok .

Apparently she did not know much about punching out - so message to all about using the punch out occasionally for practice .

... I had a good discussion with Putu but she didn't know at that stage how Bagus's wife was and naturally the discussion turned to safety and what to do. I encouraged her to really push the safety message to all, guests and locals. Jeff 'Vietnam' and I told stories of accidents we've seen/heard/read about and we really pushed the safety that they all need to practice and more over the practice of punching out! I hope they learn from poor Bagus's wife!!!

Robbie

Surfer62
1357 posts
15 Aug 2016 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Time to retire this post til next year, cant quite give up the bintangs yet even if I need a fire to keep warm at home,

cheers

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
15 Aug 2016 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

... so, Surfer62 and HAAK, how far is it to ...>

... anyone for a dinging benchong????

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
16 Aug 2016 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

Hey you Bintang drinkers, just heard on the news this morning:

Indo are trying to bring in a law to stop the sale and consumption of alcohol.

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
16 Aug 2016 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..
Hey you Bintang drinkers, just heard on the news this morning:

Indo are trying to bring in a law to stop the sale and consumption of alcohol.

... yeah good luck with that!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Lombok and Bali" started by Surfer62