Forums > Kitesurfing General

Longboarding drone vid - Noosa

Created by Keahi > 9 months ago, 1 Sep 2014
Keahi
QLD, 851 posts
1 Sep 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

I know its not kiting but I thought you guys would enjoy this. Unfortunately Im out with injury at the moment so I ended up getting myself a drone so I had something to do with all the down time and have been shooting a lot with it over the last couple months.

I just put together a little clip from the swell we had this past week of the loggers at first point. Although it wasn't massive the banks are perfect here at the moment and there has been some perfect little waves. There is some amazing talent here so I was stoked to get a couple really good clips. Hope you guys like it

Keahi

Spirothehero69
WA, 23 posts
1 Sep 2014 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice!

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
1 Sep 2014 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Great clip really like the view from these remote controlled coptors, puts a fresh aspect to water sports videos and the multitude of angles they can film from.Be really good to see some kitesurfing video as you could get the kite and rider in and would be really good to see how riders fly their kites as they're riding the waves etc.Hope you're back in the water soon,keep the vids coming

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
1 Sep 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

that was real good man!
do you use some sort of fpv setup?
how does everyone react having that buzzing around them?
and any reason for first point and not say the pot?
oh, and how do you reckon it'll handle a bit of wind? might go alright at the river mouth and a bit of tide.

Keahi
QLD, 851 posts
1 Sep 2014 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yea it really is amazing some of the angles you can get with them. They actually can handle the wind reasonably well as long as its relatively smooth. Ive had one up in about 18-20 and its still ok just a lot slower flying into the wind so you have to be careful.

The vibe is usually mostly positive and most people are just curious about them because they are still relatively new. You do freak some people out at first because it basically sounds like a swarm of wasps above you so no sneaking up on people really. I was thinking about flying the pot but it wasn't quite as good as I hoped and it was a little windy out there so I opted for firsties. Plus I don't really feel like having to walk to far with my ankle either.

There are actually a couple really cool kiting clips in this video that I shot from the Cabrinha Quest trip in French Polynesia if you want to check it out. This a video that Cabrinha will be releasing soon and I think you will really enjoy it.

Keahi

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
1 Sep 2014 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

So cool man!! Those heels and 10s never get old. Such a magic spot. Good luck with the recovery! !

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
1 Sep 2014 11:52PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome footage of 1st point,so glassy

,perfect little peelers,

just a tad crowded hahaha

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
2 Sep 2014 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Nice. That's some of the tightest footage I've seen. You should put an edit with links up on coastalwatch, while it's fresh; if you want some major exposure.

bigtone667
NSW, 1504 posts
2 Sep 2014 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

That is some the best surfing footage I have ever seen. The dude on the purple board was great to watch.

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
2 Sep 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work....great to see you still doing something special even if you are injured. Hope you heal up quickly and get back out there being on top of the world. You inspire even us older dudes! We all know what it's like to be injured, especially when a place is firing. Thanks for sharing that, well done.

harlie
QLD, 188 posts
2 Sep 2014 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

Thank you very much Keahi, bought back great memories - I learn't to surf in that exact spot more than 30 yrs ago as a young boy. What a great perspective.

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
2 Sep 2014 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

That was awesome

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
2 Sep 2014 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet !! the copter gives such a different angle to what we are used to seeing - unless you can afford a real chopper and camera crew!!
Crazy to see so many guys riding the nose of the boards - seems like they are wasting the other 8 feet LOL

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
2 Sep 2014 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

First saw this through a swell net post on Facebook. Great vid mate ! What cam did u record with?

Sammyjay
VIC, 180 posts
3 Sep 2014 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Great vid and music choice. Sure there are no kiters in the video but I'm sure most of us can appreciate being out in the water no matter what you're riding.

As gokid said though, pretty crowded. :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Longboarding drone vid - Noosa" started by Keahi